Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

McGwire Comes Clean About Steroid Use

McGwire apologizes to La Russa, Selig

Mark McGwire finally came clean Monday, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

McGwire said in a statement sent to The Associated Press on Monday that he used steroids on and off for nearly a decade.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:McGwire Comes Clean About Steroid Use

His pus laden ass was the sure give away. What a wuss, he now admits it when everyone knew all along that the bastard was a cheatin' fool. Fuck McGwire and Sosa, the drama surrounding them was nauseatingly predictable.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMike wrote:
    McGwire apologizes to La Russa, Selig

Mark McGwire finally came clean Monday, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

McGwire said in a statement sent to The Associated Press on Monday that he used steroids on and off for nearly a decade.
    Fuck you, McGwire. I hope your instruction causes Albert Pujols' arm to fall off once and for all.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I guess that's good that he came clean. No real big shocker, everyone already knew.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

EVERYONE was using them.. Glad he came clean

Better he just admit it

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The record is still 61 IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

OMG!!! This is amazing... and absolutely no one saw this coming. If you think you did, you're a liar.

There was no way to know he was on steroids... I mean, he even said he wasn't. That's all the proof I needed.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

C Mac D wrote:
    OMG!!! This is amazing... and absolutely no one saw this coming. If you think you did, you're a liar.

There was no way to know he was on steroids... I mean, he even said he wasn't. That's all the proof I needed.
    LOL
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

McGwire: "Steroids gave me the strength to apologize"
    January 11th 2010
    sportsp.com

Mark McGwire has admitted taking steroids in 1998 when he broke Roger Maris' home run record.

"I wish I had never touched steroids," McGwire said in a statement. "It was foolish and it was a mistake. But I am a stronger person now and it's all thanks to steroids."

The former slugger and current St. Louis Cardinals hitting coach said he wishes he had the strength to avoid taking steroids when he was younger.

"We all have our weaknesses," said McGwire. "Mine was weakness. So I took steroids. I guess you could say I didn't have a choice other than to give into my weakness. So steroids saved me. And also destroyed me. But definitely saved me. You could say it's a wash, I guess."

McGwire claims he no longer uses steroids -- for muscle growth. But he did use steroids to find the emotional and spiritual strength to admit to using steroids.

"I injected directly into my brain," he said. "At first it was because I had used up all of my good veins. But then it turned out they made me a stronger person on the inside. Or at least they seemed to. I blacked out a lot. Drinking the cream and the clear did wonders, too. Someday soon I hope to be able to bend a steel bar ... with MY MIND. But for now I'll just do it with my pinkie and thumb, thanks to my massive, steroids-grown muscles."
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Texas Viking is offline Starter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast