Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs Vs Heat???

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Mavs Vs Heat???

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    ........Match ups........

PG- Jason Terry Vs Jason Williams... Pretty even here, i'd give the thumbs up the Terry. But not enough of a factor to make much a difference.

SG- Devin Harris Vs Dwayne Wade.. HAHA, i'm really looking forward to seeing this. Although Devin is doing good for a rookie he is gonna get DESTROYED!

SF- Josh Howard Vs Antoine Walker... Both are coming out in the playoffs. I think they basically cancel eachother out. If you want experience Walker has more and will do slightly better

PF- Dirk Nowitzki Vs Udonis Haslem... Obviously Dirk is on track to get playoff MVP. No discussion here on who will take this matchup.

C- Shaq Vs. Diop... No contest here, this is the x-factor. They're gonna ride Shaq this whole series and he's gonna dominate Diop and lead them.

Bench- Gary Payton & James Posey Vs. Jerry Stackhouse & Keith Vanhorn & Eric Dampier... I give the bench an even grade.. Mavs might have a few more quality players, while the Heat have better..

Coaches- Pat Riley Vs. Avery Johnson.. 3 time winner versus a first timer in the finals.. I think Pat will out coach Avery

......Breakdown.....

The Heat have a better front court then the Mavs and will keep feeding Wade. And if that doesn't work they will go to thier big man down low, since thier paint dominates and they will get production down there, which open things up outside..

If the players get tired benches will be about even and won't make too much of an impact in my eyes..

And Pat Riley will outcoach Avery without a doubt..

[size=24px]HEAT WIN IN 6[/size]
    good analysis but I say heat win in 7. No way the NBA will allow them to finish the series early. After all, NBA is a business, so of course I believe that teams tank games on purpose. i would too if it meant an extra million or two.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    Some of those ridiculous shots that Wade throws up while getting knocked on his butt, are just breathtaking....You would say it's just luck, but he does it quite often.

BTW Kobe scores 81 points because he is allergic to passing the ball.

"Kobe"....its called an assist....look into it sometime...you might find 4 other guys with the same colors on the floor. :wink:
    While I agree that Kobe doesn't pass the ball much, but getting 81 points in an NBA game is amazing, especially after "only" having 26 points in the first half.
    You're right about that.. but does that kinda BB translate into Championships?
    We will see :smile:

Im gonna go Heat for a couple reasons

1) Can't stand Cuban
    2) The way Dallas fans treated Nash and especially Finley was incredibly poor and classless, after all they did for that organization and community.
    3) Would love to see Wade win one before Lebron (nothing against lebron, just a big wade fan).

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"PurpleCrusader" wrote:
    Im gonna go Heat for a couple reasons

1) Can't stand Cuban
    2) The way Dallas fans treated Nash and especially Finley was incredibly poor and classless, after all they did for that organization and community.
    3) Would love to see Wade win one before Lebron (nothing against lebron, just a big wade fan).
    You've gotta admit that Wade stepped into a much better situation (player and coach-wise) than LeBron did. I give them both credit for being great players, but what LeBron did with the lack of significant talent on his team is outstanding.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

tony_u is offline Rookie

Dont really have a preference to who id like to win it this year but i think the Heat will take it in 7 games

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I would definitely like to see the Mavericks win, but if the next few years in the NBA went something like this, I'd be pleased:

Heat over Mavericks in 2006
    Mavericks over Cavs in 2007
    Cavs over Mavericks in 2008
    Cavs over T'Wolves in 2009
    Cavs over Nuggets in 2010
    Mavericks over Heat in 2011

That way, both my teams would get a couple championships, Shaq could get Pat Riley another ring. Wade, Dirk, and Lebron would all get rings. All guys that should get rings at least once in their careers. And, Cleveland would finally have a dominant sports franchise for at least a brief period of time.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    ........Match ups........

PG- Jason Terry Vs Jason Williams... Pretty even here, i'd give the thumbs up the Terry. But not enough of a factor to make much a difference.

SG- Devin Harris Vs Dwayne Wade.. HAHA, i'm really looking forward to seeing this. Although Devin is doing good for a rookie he is gonna get DESTROYED!

SF- Josh Howard Vs Antoine Walker... Both are coming out in the playoffs. I think they basically cancel eachother out. If you want experience Walker has more and will do slightly better

PF- Dirk Nowitzki Vs Udonis Haslem... Obviously Dirk is on track to get playoff MVP. No discussion here on who will take this matchup.

C- Shaq Vs. Diop... No contest here, this is the x-factor. They're gonna ride Shaq this whole series and he's gonna dominate Diop and lead them.

Bench- Gary Payton & James Posey Vs. Jerry Stackhouse & Keith Vanhorn & Eric Dampier... I give the bench an even grade.. Mavs might have a few more quality players, while the Heat have better..

Coaches- Pat Riley Vs. Avery Johnson.. 3 time winner versus a first timer in the finals.. I think Pat will out coach Avery

......Breakdown.....

The Heat have a better front court then the Mavs and will keep feeding Wade. And if that doesn't work they will go to thier big man down low, since thier paint dominates and they will get production down there, which open things up outside..

If the players get tired benches will be about even and won't make too much of an impact in my eyes..

And Pat Riley will outcoach Avery without a doubt..

[size=24px]HEAT WIN IN 6[/size]
    Terry and Williams even?

Walker do slightly better than Harris?

Wow. I am all for opinions but have you watched any Basketball this year? Walker is a flop. Harris is having a great playoff run.

As a lifelong Lakers fan, it brings a huge smile to my face knowing Shaq is playing for another ring and Kobe isn't !!!!!!

It has to be eating that ego maniac alive to see it !!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

heat in 7

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    I would definitely like to see the Mavericks win, but if the next few years in the NBA went something like this, I'd be pleased:

Heat over Mavericks in 2006
    Mavericks over Cavs in 2007
    Cavs over Mavericks in 2008
    Cavs over T'Wolves in 2009
    Cavs over Nuggets in 2010
    Mavericks over Heat in 2011

That way, both my teams would get a couple championships, Shaq could get Pat Riley another ring. Wade, Dirk, and Lebron would all get rings. All guys that should get rings at least once in their careers. And, Cleveland would finally have a dominant sports franchise for at least a brief period of time.
    SCREW DALLASS!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast