Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs Vs Heat???

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Mavs Vs Heat???

^ Closet Hornets Fan

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Heat, Easy... Noone on the Mavs can match up properly with Wade or Shaq. Plus the Heats defense is going to slow down the MAVS offense.

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    I'm a Sixers fan, so I'm just hoping for a good series either way.
    I am also a Sixers fan...so you gotta root for the Eastern Conference!

Besides, how could any of the Minnesotans here on the board root for a team from a city that STOLE the NORTH STARS away from them!!!
    That was hard to take initially, but then I moved here and became a Stars season ticket holder. Norm Green (I think that was his name) was the bad guy, not big D.

Anyway. Go Dirk!! Go Mavs!!!

P.s. My love for the Mavs pales in comparison to my love for the Vikes...just so we all know where I stand.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"kjdaddy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    I'm a Sixers fan, so I'm just hoping for a good series either way.
    I am also a Sixers fan...so you gotta root for the Eastern Conference!

Besides, how could any of the Minnesotans here on the board root for a team from a city that STOLE the NORTH STARS away from them!!!
    That was hard to take initially, but then I moved here and became a Stars season ticket holder. Norm Green (I think that was his name) was the bad guy, not big D.

Anyway. Go Dirk!! Go Mavs!!!

P.s. My love for the Mavs pales in comparison to my love for the Vikes...just so we all know where I stand.
    Yeah, I think I might have to pull for the Heat. D-Wade is a beast. I don't really like Shaq too much, but I could look past that.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

I want the Heat to win...just because I would like to see Shaq win one before Kobe and Phil do.

"jdvike" wrote:
    I want the Heat to win...just because I would like to see Shaq win one before Kobe and Phil do.
    I really think the Lakers made the right decision to stick with Kobe though. You can tell Shaq is regressing, and Kobe goes out and scores 81 points in a game. Kobe will win another one.
    -Canibus

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

........Match ups........

PG- Jason Terry Vs Jason Williams... Pretty even here, i'd give the thumbs up the Terry. But not enough of a factor to make much a difference.

SG- Devin Harris Vs Dwayne Wade.. HAHA, i'm really looking forward to seeing this. Although Devin is doing good for a rookie he is gonna get DESTROYED!

SF- Josh Howard Vs Antoine Walker... Both are coming out in the playoffs. I think they basically cancel eachother out. If you want experience Walker has more and will do slightly better

PF- Dirk Nowitzki Vs Udonis Haslem... Obviously Dirk is on track to get playoff MVP. No discussion here on who will take this matchup.

C- Shaq Vs. Diop... No contest here, this is the x-factor. They're gonna ride Shaq this whole series and he's gonna dominate Diop and lead them.

Bench- Gary Payton & James Posey Vs. Jerry Stackhouse & Keith Vanhorn & Eric Dampier... I give the bench an even grade.. Mavs might have a few more quality players, while the Heat have better..

Coaches- Pat Riley Vs. Avery Johnson.. 3 time winner versus a first timer in the finals.. I think Pat will out coach Avery

......Breakdown.....

The Heat have a better front court then the Mavs and will keep feeding Wade. And if that doesn't work they will go to thier big man down low, since thier paint dominates and they will get production down there, which open things up outside..

If the players get tired benches will be about even and won't make too much of an impact in my eyes..

And Pat Riley will outcoach Avery without a doubt..

[size=24px]HEAT WIN IN 6[/size]

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Gotta be the Heat for me.. Dwayne Wade is among my favourite playermakers in the NBA right now.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Some of those ridiculous shots that Wade throws up while getting knocked on his butt, are just breathtaking....You would say it's just luck, but he does it quite often.

BTW Kobe scores 81 points because he is allergic to passing the ball.

"Kobe"....its called an assist....look into it sometime...you might find 4 other guys with the same colors on the floor. :wink:

"jdvike" wrote:
    Some of those ridiculous shots that Wade throws up while getting knocked on his butt, are just breathtaking....You would say it's just luck, but he does it quite often.

BTW Kobe scores 81 points because he is allergic to passing the ball.

"Kobe"....its called an assist....look into it sometime...you might find 4 other guys with the same colors on the floor. :wink:
    While I agree that Kobe doesn't pass the ball much, but getting 81 points in an NBA game is amazing, especially after "only" having 26 points in the first half.
    -Canibus

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast