Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Masters

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Masters

Can John Daly get any fatter and still be able to pick up his ball?

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Umm this "activity" is like watching grass grow.

Note: It's not a sport, Should never be called a sport.
    The usually arguement from people that cant seem to master this supposed "Activity". Funny how someone that can manage to put together the athletic ability, coordination, concentration, and mental strength to play this sport well dont ever seem to have that attitude. I would submit it is because those that dont think it is a sport have not been able to crack the outer layer of the game and get inside and see what all is involved.

And I am not just talking about how good you are at it, I know several friends that cant play a lick, but they understand the game enough to know how difficult it is, and what it takes to play at a high level.

I played Basketball and Football (two supposed sports in most peoples estimation) all the way to the collegiate level, and I can tell you even though I was pretty decent and successful in college basketball, I have found Golf to take not only many of the athletic abilities and coordination that made me successful in college basketball, but as much or more discipline, concentration, and mental toughness.

Dedicate yourself to the game for a few years first (as any successful athelete must do) and then tell me its not a sport. Interesting that our very own Matt Blair told me about how he feels about golf, and how much correlation he finds to football (and he knows a thing or two about playing football at the highest level).

If your version of golf is a buch of guys driving around on Sat drinking beer in a cart, then you dont understand tournament golf. I have nothing against doing that, but it isnt the same sport that the boys are playing on TV on the weekends.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I've liked Tiger since his days at Stanford. I also like Tom Lehman but he hasn't been at the top of any leaderboards lately. I don't just follow Tiger because of the crowd. I'm ok with Tiger losing, it's tough to win every major every year. But make fun of me all you want I don't care.
    OK

VKG is a slacker...VKG has a little weenie...VKG can't get it up...VKG can't even do a pushup he's so weak...VKG was so ugly as a child that his mom had to tie a pork chop around his neck to get the dog to play with him.

I will think up more stuff later! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    He's been thumping people ever since.
    NOT this past week! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

True, you need to be able to putt.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Turboe, you must be a high roller with all the people you meet and the places that you get to go to! I'm jealous!

As a side note I wanted Tiger to win. It's not that I don't like Mickleson but I just like to see Tiger win. Oh well, Congrats Mickleson!
    Get over it...Tiger LOST!!! Why do all the casual fans of golf always root for Tiger? Learn a little more about the game and what each player brings to the table...don't just follow the crowd. There are a lot of other great players in the game right now besides Tiger...don't be like a Packer fan (just picking someone because the media raves about them).
    I'm no homer. I just like how focused he is. Some people tend to choke under pressure (Mickelson on a bad day is a prime example - when things aren't working for Phil, they aren't working AT ALL).

Tiger's one of those "prototypical athletes" who doesn't think that he gets a free pass just because he's talented. Keep in mind that we wouldn't have started a thread about this if it weren't for him. He hasn't finished any lower than 4th in the last 5 majors. The fact that I like Tiger doesn't mean that I don't know $h!t about golf. I play golf. And I know a genius at work when I see one. You can count the number of golfers who would be disappointed to finish third at the Masters on one hand. You can count the number of golfers like Tiger on one hand, even if you don't have any fingers.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Well, Imust say i didn't play golf,or watched it all the time, but i must say i've been following the masters allmost every hour of this day on Eurosport.
    Ireally began to love the game.
    Watching it more made me understanding it more.
    I'mplanning to buy tiger woods '06 tomorrow
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234