Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Masters

Anyone watching this? I had to get a bunch of yardwork done today but I haven't even started because this tourny is getting really good. About five guys within a stroke of each other plus Tiger is close. Fred Couples is tied for the lead which is amazing. IMO the Sunday of the Masters is the best single sporting event of the year. This year is even better than usual.

[color=red]

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Masters

Yes I am. Stuck up in PA at my in-laws place today camped out on the couch.

I went down to the practice round/Par 3 tournament on Wednesday in Augusta. Since it is only about a 2 hr drive from home in SC, I try to do it every year. If you think this is good you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO go there in person sometime. You cannot belive what it looks like in person. You just cant explain it to someone who hasnt been there.

MAKE THE PILGRIMAGE!!!!!!

In fact here are a couple pics from Wed.

Me with one of my buddies who volunteers down there every year. He gets to play the course and I am quite jealous. (by the way I am the petite guy in the middle in case you didnt know)

Standing by the ropes on 18 talking to my friend above Tiger hit it right down by where we were. Great view of his approach into 18.

Greenside view of the 13th hole "Azalea" This is where I proposed to my wife back in 2001.

Here is the par 3 16th "Redbud". What a beautiful spot. I love coming to the practice rounds because the players will try to hit balls from the front of the tee box downslope and skip them across the water and up onto the green. It is amazing how many can do it, I saw Chad Campbell (I think it was) hit one that skipped twice and rolled up to about 3 ft. Unbelievable.

Another day in paradise.....

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Wow Turboe...that looks absolutely gorgeous! I'm looking forward to getting the sticks back out, hopefully sometime this week and getting out and playing.

Anyway...it was nice to see Phil win today! I really liked him and Fred Couples, so it was a win-win situation for most of the day.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Those are some amazing pics. That is great you got to go down there. I've had to turn down tickets twice so next year I'm making it my top priority in the spring. I can't wait.

I think Tiger was going to Puke when he had to sit there with Phil and then put the jacket on him

[color=red]

sirweeze is offline Starter

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Those are some amazing pics. That is great you got to go down there. I've had to turn down tickets twice so next year I'm making it my top priority in the spring. I can't wait.

I think Tiger was going to Puke when he had to sit there with Phil and then put the jacket on him
    My friend and I are debating... if Tiger had tried to strangle Phil with the green jacket while Jim Nantz and Hootie Johnson futily try and break up the melee, where would that rank among the greatest all time live TV moments?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Those pictures are spectacular Turboe, how's your game doing

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

wow gr8 pix

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    Wow Turboe...that looks absolutely gorgeous! I'm looking forward to getting the sticks back out, hopefully sometime this week and getting out and playing.

Anyway...it was nice to see Phil win today! I really liked him and Fred Couples, so it was a win-win situation for most of the day.
    I was thinking the same thing, I have always rooted for Phil, but love Freddie as well, and really would have loved to see him win it, just cause Freddie probably doesnt have many competative Majors left in him, but I sure hope Phil does.

"MensaTice" wrote:

By the way Mensa for you or anyone else out there, if you ever "Have" to turn down Masters tickets, just let me know, I would be happy to help you use them. Since it is only a couple hours, I only need enough advanced notice to get up early in the morning and drive down.

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    Those pictures are spectacular Turboe, how's your game doing
    Cant complain, hitting the full shots as pure as maybe I ever have, and that is so much fun it is unbelievable. This time of year (and with the family constraints) not playing as much my short game isnt up to snuff, and the scoring is just OK.

ps since I see one of your favorites listed is Matt Blair, did you see my thread from a few weeks ago where I got to play with him?

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20565&postd ays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I didnt see that you had posted on that one so I didnt know.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"Turboe" wrote:
    In fact here are a couple pics from Wed.

Me with one of my buddies who volunteers down there every year. He gets to play the course and I am quite jealous.

Standing by the ropes on 18 talking to my friend above Tiger hit it right down by where we were. Great view of his approach into 18.

Greenside view of the 13th hole "Azalea" This is where I proposed to my wife back in 2001.

Here is the par 3 16th "Redbud". What a beautiful spot. I love coming to the practice rounds because the players will try to hit balls from the front of the tee box downslope and skip them across the water and up onto the green. It is amazing how many can do it, I saw Chad Campbell (I think it was) hit one that skipped twice and rolled up to about 3 ft. Unbelievable.

Another day in paradise.....
    wow great pics!

does anyone else think you look like a skinny John Daily?
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast