Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Mass. grade school bans tag

Lets play a game of compare and contrast. First, read the article that Vikes posted. Now read this one:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15253321/

I think Willett Elementary School Principal Gaylene Heppe would shit a brick if someone proposed the idea they implemented in Burleson, Texas.

(and yes, I did think about posting that second article in a new thread with the title "Burleson fights back". I didn't do it, but I did think about it.)

Del Rio Guest

"josdin00" wrote:
    Lets play a game of compare and contrast. First, read the article that Vikes posted. Now read this one:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15253321/

I think Willett Elementary School Principal Gaylene Heppe would pooh a brick if someone proposed the idea they implemented in Burleson, Texas.

(and yes, I did think about posting that second article in a new thread with the title "Burleson fights back". I didn't do it, but I did think about it.)
    That's a great idea. They have a gun, probably some sort of explosive device........CHILDREN Throw textbooks at HIS HEAD!

I'm surprised this guy didn't suggest arming the students with 9MM handguns just in case this 1 in 1000000000000 chance of something happens to them.

You know what kills more school kids each year is driving. They should take the money and time and invest it into that.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

THIS IS TRULY DISHEARTENING....... What is wrong with those Mass-Holes is that I have heard my skillet from Rhode Island refer to them as. Whats next how about ban anything that can be
    seen as enjoyable so the next generation can be bred into a lame-version of 1950's America.......That last comment was not to poke or prod anyone who may have grwon up in that particular
    decade
    I am in the pit hold my calls
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

It's the pussification of America (real word), kids are all weak and fat an slow today because they have no competition at a young age. No tag, no dodgeball, no touch football?! WTF is up with that.

When I was in elementary school, we played straight up, sicknasty dodgeball, real playground balls, the ones that leave a logo on your face.

I'm only a senior in high school, so I'm sure some of you old timers have even better than dodge ball.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"Mr" wrote:
    It's the pussification of America (real word), kids are all weak and fat an slow today because they have no competition at a young age. No tag, no dodgeball, no touch football?! WTF is up with that.

When I was in elementary school, we played straight up, sicknasty dodgeball, real playground balls, the ones that leave a logo on your face.

I'm only a senior in high school, so I'm sure some of you old timers have even better than dodge ball.
    I heard that man.
    When I was in the 3rd grade I was playing tackle football against the 5th graders on the playground... man that was fun.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"Del" wrote:
    Am I the only one that thought of tag body spray? I mean touch tag the game?! It didn't even cross my mind.

I thought of some kid wearing tag body spray getting sexually harassed by a teacher. Or spraying it in someones eye LMAO
    I thought of the body spray too, but for a different reason.
    I heard recently that some people have learned how to get high off it so I figured the school was taking a pre-cautionary measure to prevent students for getting high at school.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Thats weak. I'll bet they'd hate my old playground game:

Throw rocks at each other untill one passes out from blood loss.

It's very exciting, and a character-building activity.
    :P
    -Sno

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

A kid isn't a kid until he gets hurt at least once.
    I have never heard of anyone getting hurt playing tag.
    What's next no Phy-ed?
    We used to play tackle football at recess and knock the crap out of each other.
    We even had girly girls join in.
    Kids these days are wusses.

Getting scraped up is a part of growing up, why parents need to complain over a cut on the knee is beyond me.
    Whats next?
    Tear down every single playground set in america because there is a chance a kid my fall and scrape a knee or even worse break something?
    Then, we will ban bikes because kids have fallen off them before and they are a death wish waiting to happen.
    Then, ban being outside for more than 5 min at a time because the sidewalks have been known to give people scraped knees and elbows.

Lets make every kid in america and overweight, video game playing, anti-social hermit, because that way, they wont scrape a knee.
    My son is four and I can only imagine some of the crap he will have to deal with because of these pathetic parents trying to change everything about growing up
    You republican whore!

when i was in grade school, the boys in my class would play football (touch football, teachers were to scared to watch us play tackle) and being the huge fooball fan that i am i wanted to play too. i eventually got to play but that was after a lot of arguing with the teachers and boys because they didnt want a girl to play football. God forbid. i showed them not to mess w/ me! another fun game was boys catch girls.
    as for those people in mass.... well i guess i never thought the world would come to this! there are alot of stupid people, but i didnt think that tag would ever be taken away. i still cant believe that... it makes me wonder what the younger generation will look like in about 20 yrs....fat and lazy im sure. this craziness has to stop before its too late! im on the phone w/ chuck norris right now.... this problem should be solved shortly.
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast