Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

the mars volta--- LISTEN!

hmm, my guess is i wont get alot of replies on this topic but..

im gonna take a stab in the dark and say i doubt alot of you have heard of the mars volta. well, some say they are this generations pink floyd. some say they are this generations led zeppelin. and its true. they hit hard like when led zeppelin first came into the world. and they are as abstract and experimental as pink floyd was.

anyways, good songs to download;

1) take the viel cerpin taxt- this is probably one of the first songs you would try. it hits hard. listen to the ending. holy moly.

2) telavators- if you want something soft and soulfull, try this. towards the end, the acoustic guitar is ORGASMIC as the singer sings "pull the pin.. mark these words, on his grave"

3) cicatriz esp- personally, my favorite mars volta song. the middle has a 3 minute intermission with odd noises and build up. that turns some people off. but its well done. listen to the end "even if you, even if you reach inside of vaults, whatever be the cost" man, the vocals on this song is amazing.

4) roulette dars (the haunt of)- this is probably thier most energenic song they play live. its really neat because it fluctuates between agressive and solf on a dime. every band attempts this, but rarely this well.

5) the widow- i put this here because its probably thier most radio friendly song, thus probably would appeal to alot of you. the lyrics on this song are GREAT. to me, it sounds like its about a guy being continuously haunted by ghosts "and i hear him every night, on every street, and everytime he just makes me warm"

there you go. if anyone downloads, let me know what you think.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: the mars volta--- LISTEN!

I have some of their stuff, theyre good.

But Im not a super big fan or anything.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hey Anderson, are you planning on getting a new sig?

I wasn't a big fan of At The Drive-In and I'm not a big fan of the Mars Volta. It seems to be one of those bands that you either love or hate. The drummer in my band loves them, I kinda hate 'em. They seem to be great musicians and all that but they have a real pretentious vibe that turns me off. Not my cup-o-tea. But I'm positive many others would absolutely love 'em, just not me.
    Even babies know the difference.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Never heard of them actually. Sorry!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Beatnik music...I'm more into the harder stuff....System of a Down, Linkin Park, Fear Factory, a little Red Hot Chili Peppers for a change in pace.....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

bryonfos is offline Starter

I've never heard of them either, actually the first time I saw them on this site I didn't even know they were a band.
    The only thing worse than a Packer is a Cowboy

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

roulette dares and inertiatic esp are my favs on deloused, miranda the ghost jstu inst holy anymore B: pour another icepick and l'via l'viquez on frances the mute. I heard inertiatic on the radio advertising some new show(the regular quote from tv show, music, quote from tv show), it was f***ing wrong.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

I love the MARS VOLTA! i think i pmed you about them didn't i?

Go vikes!!

iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

I purchased Deloused a couple weeks ago. After a few listens I was hooked. I dont really consider it pretentious, its just something different. How is that arrogant? I always kind of felt that way too, like why the hell would you make a 28 min song you arrogant bastard, but it doesn't come off like that at all. If youre willing to try something different and give it a chance (it takes about 2-3 listens before it sinks in) buy this album.

Kind of weird how this band gets brought up on pp.o like right after I bought it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast