Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Hope your dad continues to do well Mar.

I took a buck and doe last week. Niether worthy of pics..
    Just finished with grinding burger,sausage making, and bologna making last night.

Had an opportunity at a very nice buck but had to pass due to our group being out of buck tags. Maybe I'll get another chance at him in December when our muzzleloader season starts.

Monsters like Sharper42 took are rare here due to hunting pressure. But there are plenty of deer and occasionally a big one survives long enough to get big.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. And best wishes to your dad Marrdro.

PS Nice deer BLV.
    Thanks my friend.

Funny thing about VA, we can take 4 deer off of our license, but if we fill that we can go back and purchse more tags.

Our club works with a biologist from the state.
    We collect data (Jaw bones, hoof issues, milk, antler size etc) and they in turn give us additional stamps that allow us to take does during non doe days.

All very scientific.
    We get a report every year which documents trends (deer size, age, estimated population) which drives our harvest of animals other than bucks.

Not a bad setup for a bunch of fat rednecks who just love the outdoors.

;D
    Sounds like a great setup.

Even in a season when the Vikings are less than excellent, I have fishing and hunting to look forward to.

For me it is a connection to my past relatives who passed it down to me.

I have passed the love of the outdoors to my children. And I hope and pray they pass that on to their children, along with appropriate stewardship and respect for the resource.

God has blessed us.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Hope your dad continues to do well Mar.

I took a buck and doe last week. Niether worthy of pics..
    Just finished with grinding burger,sausage making, and bologna making last night.

Had an opportunity at a very nice buck but had to pass due to our group being out of buck tags. Maybe I'll get another chance at him in December when our muzzleloader season starts.

Monsters like Sharper42 took are rare here due to hunting pressure. But there are plenty of deer and occasionally a big one survives long enough to get big.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. And best wishes to your dad Marrdro.

PS Nice deer BLV.
    Thanks my friend.

Funny thing about VA, we can take 4 deer off of our license, but if we fill that we can go back and purchse more tags.

Our club works with a biologist from the state.
    We collect data (Jaw bones, hoof issues, milk, antler size etc) and they in turn give us additional stamps that allow us to take does during non doe days.

All very scientific.
    We get a report every year which documents trends (deer size, age, estimated population) which drives our harvest of animals other than bucks.

Not a bad setup for a bunch of fat rednecks who just love the outdoors.

;D
    Sounds like a great setup.

Even in a season when the Vikings are less than excellent, I have fishing and hunting to look forward to.

For me it is a connection to my past relatives who passed it down to me.

I have passed the love of the outdoors to my children. And I hope and pray they pass that on to their children, along with appropriate stewardship and respect for the resource.

God has blessed us.
    Which is the main point of the thread.
    Spot on my friend. Spot on.

By the way, Wildman is heading out tomorrow evening, with my truck, to hunt by himself for the first time alone/without me. (I am fishing for Striper with my brother this weekend).

I am very proud of his skill in the woods and his ability to selectivly harvest animals in a very humane manner.

Problem is I am still "The Dad" and worry about his first trip.
    He will be hunting with 8 guys from the club who will keep a close eye on him for me.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345