Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    That's a nice buck marrdro. We just finished butchering our 12 this morning.

    I got my first deer Wednesday before last, a fawn, probably about the size of your doe
    lol:P. Only problem was she took a couple shells of buckshot, so we lost some meat.

    On Saturday a big doe was running in front of us blockers, and I didn't make the mistake of using buckshot again. 1 shot and she went down in a heap.

    I still got my buck tag though (each hunter can take 1 buck and 6 antler-less here) so I'm thinking of buying a crossbow and trying to fill it.
    Congratulations on your first deer my friend.

    Depends on what block of property we are running, we don't allow slugs.
    A poor shot will ruin a shoulder or ham sometimes.
    Experience will take care of that as you shoot more.

    Now that the crossbows are legal we have 4 hunters in our club hunting with them
    Very effective. Not sure if I will step off the deepend and buy one as my bow (Bowtech) is only 3 years old.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    sharper42's Avatar
    sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    342

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    got this one a few years back..

    our only sure-handed receiver

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    "sharper42" wrote:
    got this one a few years back..

    I said holy crap, Wildwoman said, holy cow.


    Details my friend.

    Bow, blackpowder, rifle?
    Wieght, score etc etc etc.

    Awesome my friend, simply awesome.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    Here's the 6x7 elk my brother got last year about a mile from here



  5. #25
    sharper42's Avatar
    sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    342

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    got this one a few years back..

    I said holy crap, Wildwoman said, holy cow.


    Details my friend.

    Bow, blackpowder, rifle?
    Wieght, score etc etc etc.

    Awesome my friend, simply awesome.

    ;D
    He grossed scored a 235, i shot it just off my uncles ranch in iowa. i was borrowing my cousins gun because i didnt plan on going huinting that week but i beleive it was a ruger model 77
    our only sure-handed receiver

  6. #26
    x-ray jeff's Avatar
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    812

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    That is a nice rack Sharper!
    Marrdro -looks like you guys got a pretty good setup out there. The use of dogs and buckshot kinda threw me. I don't believe either are legal here in Illinois. It has been a long time since I've gone deer hunting, those pictures make me think I should get back out next year. My Dad goes every year to a nice area in Brown county. Neither of us are getting any younger, so I better make another hunting trip with the old man
    Here's hoping your father gets to feeling better soon. Sounds like maybe he will get a valve and an IVC filter.

  7. #27
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,525

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Here's the 6x7 elk my brother got last year about a mile from here


    You look like Napoleon Dynamite in this picture.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    "sharper42" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    got this one a few years back..

    I said holy crap, Wildwoman said, holy cow.


    Details my friend.

    Bow, blackpowder, rifle?
    Wieght, score etc etc etc.

    Awesome my friend, simply awesome.

    ;D
    He grossed scored a 235, i shot it just off my uncles ranch in iowa. i was borrowing my cousins gun because i didnt plan on going huinting that week but i beleive it was a ruger model 77
    Again, wow.
    That has got to be the biggest buck I have ever seen other than the ones you see in mags.
    Very nice indeed.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    "C" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Here's the 6x7 elk my brother got last year about a mile from here


    You look like Napoleon Dynamite in this picture.
    That's my brother

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Marrdro's Weekend (Caution - Deer Pictures)

    "x-ray" wrote:
    That is a nice rack Sharper!
    Marrdro -looks like you guys got a pretty good setup out there. The use of dogs and buckshot kinda threw me. I don't believe either are legal here in Illinois. It has been a long time since I've gone deer hunting, those pictures make me think I should get back out next year. My Dad goes every year to a nice area in Brown county. Neither of us are getting any younger, so I better make another hunting trip with the old man
    Here's hoping your father gets to feeling better soon. Sounds like maybe he will get a valve and an IVC filter.
    Thanks.
    That is exactly what I think Mom told me.

    We started out with a GP medium tent, generators and a huge fire pit.
    Know we are on 52 acres that one of our members purchased, that butts up to the 3,000 acres we lease.
    We have a huge skinning shed, two toilets, shower, washer/dryer and a bunch of campers we all stay in. A ten pen (7'x18') kennel with running water and autofeeders.

    We still have the huge firepit that many a deer story has been told around to include the solving of many of the worlds troubles my friend.
    ;D

    We are a very young/new club (15 years) considering how long some of the older ones are here in VA.
    I was Vice President for 11 years. (Stepped down last year as it got to be to much).
    Now I just run the dogs and enjoy the fellowship.

    Running dogs for deer is a art, IMHO which will be gone in a few years throughout the south.
    It will kill our deer hunting in the later months of the year as our deer traditionally move to the Briar thickets when the natural mast (i.e. acorns) are gone.

    I for one don't like to hunt in front of the beagles, but I do love working the dogs.
    They do some amazing things sometimes.

    As for hunting with your Dad.
    It has been years since I have been in the woods with my Dad.
    I wished several times over the last week that I could have had more opportunities to do it again.
    Don't miss the chance if you can.
    As you know, hunting is more than just harvesting an animal.
    It is all about the time with good friends/family and the experience of the great outdoors in all its glory.

    Again, the good Lord blesses at times we least expect.
    Don't miss the opportunity.

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Twisted Girl Throws Puppies in River..Caution
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM
  2. marrdro's boy
    By PURPLE WILDMAN in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 03:10 AM
  3. NFL draft: Caution flares
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 12:06 PM
  4. Good luck to Minnesota Deer Hunters this weekend!
    By whackthepack in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2006, 01:53 PM
  5. CAUTION: POLITICS
    By ryanmurphy in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 257
    Last Post: 06-19-2005, 06:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •