Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Manufactured home living (No longer called 'Mobile Home')

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Really the only requirement we have is a safe, warm home in good shape, and needs to be 3 bedrooms.
    Can't ask for anything better than that my friend.
    Its whats inside the house that matters.
    A smiling welcome face for friends and a environment that is good to raise your children in.

I have a 3 bedroom brick ranch style house that I paid $69,000 for in 91.
    [glow=red,2,300]It is small (11,000 sq ft)[/glow] but it keeps me dry and I am not ass over teakettle in debt (upside down) in a house I can't afford or so fancy a man doesn't feel comfortable sitting down someplace.

Although it is small, the door is always open for a friend, Wildwoman will always have a snack and I will always put some sort of beverage in your hand and you will feel welcome.

11 thousand sq ft. is small?

I looked at a mobile home a long time ago and at that time it was extreemly difficult to get financing for them. I mean most lenders wouldnt lend (at least in my area) on anything older then five years. So unless you had 20-40k of cash laying around you were sol.

We just rented a 4 bedroom condo to save up for our downpayment and get some ill advised credit decisions squared away. After a year we built our own house.

I think if you can get into one have at it. If you make even 1$ on it when you move out it beats rent.

Well, the one we REALLY want is $49,500 and just a year old being a 2007. I am pretty fortunate, because i am vet. so i may have a couple extra resources. I guess when we are actually approved, we'll see what they say about how old or new it needs to be. A similar thing happened when we bought our last car. We went to the dealership to get a car in the $5-6k range. In order to get financed, we had to get a basically brand new car(2006) with very few miles(14k). At the time we coud afford it, then some things happened in late '07, and here we are. I mentioned that situation to the woman showing us the places, and she says they would never push something we can't afford on us. They are trying to get good quality people in the units, and they don't want them moving out for years to come.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Take this for what it is worth and nothing more.. but consider this as you may.

With the housing market flooding and prices coming down, you may wish to do one of two things..

1) Wait a little longer for the market to bottom out and go bargain hunting for a traditional house on the cheap.

2) At least look into the modular market currently... we recently bought a mod for about 70 cents on the dollar and the market is swelling even more. They are just a soundly built as a stick built if not better, will appreciate once the market shakes out and you have an easier time financing it at a decent rate. We looked at a 28x52 in the neighborhood of 60k.. they threw vinyl windows in it.. but other than that it was a very solid home.

Grant it you have to obtain property, which in the cities might be more of a challenge than here... but I thought I would at least share the option.

Good luck... may it turn out well for you.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Really the only requirement we have is a safe, warm home in good shape, and needs to be 3 bedrooms.
    A smiling welcome face for friends and a environment that is good to raise your children in.

[glow=red,2,300]It is small (11,000 sq ft)[/glow] but it keeps me dry and I am not jiggly butt over teakettle in debt (upside down) in a house I can't afford or so fancy a man doesn't feel comfortable sitting down someplace.

Although it is small, the door is always open for a friend, Wildwoman will always have a snack and I will always put some sort of beverage in your hand and you will feel welcome.

Nice catch.
    1,100 sq ft.
    Damn typing skills.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

[glow=red,2,300]It is small (11,000 sq ft)[/glow] but it keeps me dry and I am not jiggly butt over teakettle in debt (upside down) in a house I can't afford or so fancy a man doesn't feel comfortable sitting down someplace.

Nice catch.
    1,100 sq ft.
    Damn typing skills.
    I figured it was typo...had to call ya on it just to make sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12