Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Dammmmmmmmn.


    To think I was gonna come in on this one and post something along the lines of "I used to have two of his 8 Tracks Tapes" cause my girlfriend (Holley) like to listen to him.

    Guess it is to deep of a conversation for something as trivial as that my friends.
    Sorry.
    ;D
    Yeah, kinda like the Hip-Hop thread last night.

    I'm glad I'm not in this one though.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #52
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    "C" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cog - you just have to read the first two posts and then find where I jumped in and you can figure it out.
    That way you don't get any spin on the subject matter but can make your own judgement.
    Fine. So the subject matter is Manilow is scared of going on The View. No one really discusses that.

    It's just a none sense discussion about liberalism/conservatism. It's pretty tough to come with the 3rd option in this namecalling debate.

    I stand by my earlier judgment. The world is not so black and white. And by the way, my dad is stronger than yours.
    Hahahaha, thats always a great way to end an argument.


    "none sense"


    Which Dad!!
    ;D

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  3. #53
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Dammmmmmmmn.


    To think I was gonna come in on this one and post something along the lines of "I used to have two of his 8 Tracks Tapes" cause my girlfriend (Holley) like to listen to him.

    Guess it is to deep of a conversation for something as trivial as that my friends.
    Sorry.

    ;D
    Yeah, kinda like the Hip-Hop thread last night.

    I'm glad I'm not in this one though.
    Holley was a redhead with big hooters and a nice rearhinder and I was a strapping young lad of 16.
    Sure wanted to get into that story.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #54
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cog - you just have to read the first two posts and then find where I jumped in and you can figure it out.
    That way you don't get any spin on the subject matter but can make your own judgement.
    Fine. So the subject matter is Manilow is scared of going on The View. No one really discusses that.

    It's just a none sense discussion about liberalism/conservatism. It's pretty tough to come with the 3rd option in this namecalling debate.

    I stand by my earlier judgment. The world is not so black and white. And by the way, my dad is stronger than yours.
    Hahahaha, thats always a great way to end an argument.


    "none sense"


    Which Dad!!
    ;D
    The liberal or conservative one?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  5. #55
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cog - you just have to read the first two posts and then find where I jumped in and you can figure it out.
    That way you don't get any spin on the subject matter but can make your own judgement.
    Fine. So the subject matter is Manilow is scared of going on The View. No one really discusses that.

    It's just a none sense discussion about liberalism/conservatism. It's pretty tough to come with the 3rd option in this namecalling debate.

    I stand by my earlier judgment. The world is not so black and white. And by the way, my dad is stronger than yours.
    I did. The whole point of my thread was the fact that liberals and conservatives are split nearly 50-50. Why would Manilow get political when he's trying to promote record sales and make half the people so made they won't buy it.
    That was the entire thought I had when I first posted this thread. But some chose to make it into a political thread of liberals vs conservative.
    I know you started out by saying, why did Manilow do this. But after that it went haywire.

    At least it were fun to watch.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  6. #56
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    Manilow is a TURDBURGLAR!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #57
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    Separated at birth: Dr. Ruth and the current version of Manilow

    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #58
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    Tarkenton- That's the prime example of your assuming things based on me being your definition of liberal. You automatically assume that I watch Olbermann and MSNBC.
    :

    When I do watch the news I watch ABC which is very balanced. In fact, they almost never show an opinion, just report the news. If they ever have analysis of an issue, it has one person (usually George Stephanopolous) who will say both sides of an issue and leave it at that.
    I usually get my news from the internet because it's easier to read the news since it's on my own schedule. When I don't get it off the net, I get it in the Raleigh news and observer, a balanced newspaper.

    I didn't turn this into a liberal/conservative thing. I just pointed out that Cojo makes a lot of judgments on liberals that he wouldn't make on conservatives if they did the same thing. I didn't said I was liberal once in my first post. You assumed that since I called him out.

    Tarkenton10 comes in here with his temper flaring ready to verbally battle with his conservative viewpoints, calling me a "typical liberal" as if he was Ann Coulter.

    It all boils down to the absolute ridiculousness of this thread. The thing that Tarkenton hasn't figured out yet is how much of a joke this thread is. Just drop it.. It's not a big deal dude. The thread is about Barry Manilow.
    :

  9. #59
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    PurplePeopleEaters:
    Let me remind you of your first post...

    Wow Cojomay.. You take anything that's anti-conservative, post it on this site, and put a pro-conservative spin on it. No one watches the view anyways.

    Barry Manilow has the right to do whatever the hell he wants in this FREE COUNTRY, no matter how many albums he sells. If he doesn't want to go on the view, who's making him? How does that make him a jerk? Because he disagrees with her views and doesn't want to go on the show? That would be his right if they're asking for him to come on their show... If he doesn't want the publicity and this issue is up to him, then why does it matter?

    If this situation was flipped and it was some Neo-Con christian right republican who didn't want to go on a show with an offensive liberal you wouldn't have said anything. In fact, you probably would have applauded the person for not going on the show. Please don't turn PP.O into the O'Reilly factor.
    Now you say:
    I didn't turn this into a liberal/conservative thing. I just pointed out that Cojo makes a lot of judgments on liberals that he wouldn't make on conservatives if they did the same thing. I didn't said I was liberal once in my first post. You assumed that since I called him out.
    You DIDN'T turn this in a liberal and conservative argument. I'd like to know what your first post really meant then.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  10. #60
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cog - you just have to read the first two posts and then find where I jumped in and you can figure it out.
    That way you don't get any spin on the subject matter but can make your own judgement.
    Fine. So the subject matter is Manilow is scared of going on The View. No one really discusses that.

    It's just a none sense discussion about liberalism/conservatism. It's pretty tough to come with the 3rd option in this namecalling debate.

    I stand by my earlier judgment. The world is not so black and white. And by the way, my dad is stronger than yours.

    I agree with that, so you must be liberal.
    LOL!

    This thread has been Hijacked and is now finished.

    Cogs is right, it is off topic.

    *******************************

    Manilow made a statement
    Cojo made a statement
    PPE made a statement
    Tark10 made a statement
    I just made a statement!!!

    *******************************

    Everyone has a right to their opinion but 5 pages without resolution might be too much for the Manilow Topic.
    Save your allotted time on PPO for another thread(s).
    Happy posting!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Barry Manilow to be used against mall rats
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 01:46 PM
  2. Man refuses to pay after sharing food at buffet
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 03:48 PM
  3. Plaxico Burress refuses to practice
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 06:02 AM
  4. Quinn Refuses Pro Day Interviews
    By PurplePlain in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 08:37 PM
  5. Australians Upset Over Loud Manilow Music
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 08:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •