Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

I wanted to learn about this show you're discussing, figured it were time to try what Ultra has recently taught me:

[youtube=425,350]sqzLxoZvioM[/youtube]

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    I wanted to learn about this show you're discussing, figured it were time to try what Ultra has recently taught me:

[youtube=425,350]sqzLxoZvioM[/youtube]
    That is the daytime TV equivalent of reading threads on pp.o the day after a loss.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Is the law still on the books where you can be publicly executed for admitting that you listen to Barry Manilow?
    That's why I said he cut his own throat! Anyone who listens to "The View" is brain dead anyway!
    This is the best quote of this thread... It should just end with this.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Wow PPE, You sound like you have a crush on Rosie O'donnell!!
    Isn't it funny that you put down Cojo for saying those things; so in reality you are a hypocrit.
    He isn't allowed to have his view of Manilow without you calling him out.
    Typical liberal, intolerant but usually preaches tolerance; that is unless someone disgrees with you.
    I think Manilow is a coward if he is in such disagreement with her views why avoid the show but rather have a debate.
    Let his point of view be heard and if she is so off base then she would be brought to light.

Typical conservative spin job. Nice.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

This thread is starting to make me think its a new chapter of the Vagina Monologues.
    :

WWBGD

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Isn't it funny that you put down Cojo for saying those things; so in reality you are a hypocrit.
    Typical liberal, intolerant but usually preaches tolerance; that is unless someone disgrees with you.
    I think Manilow is a coward if he is in such disagreement with her views why avoid the show but rather have a debate.
    Let his point of view be heard and if she is so off base then she would be brought to light.

So doesn't that make you intolerant of me? It's an endless cycle... Cojo called him a "jerk" for making a political statement which was pointless namecalling. I guess you're a "typical conservative" for calling me out for calling cojo out for calling Manilow out..
    ??? If you're going to play that game then everyone is a hypocrite.. not to mention the only reason you're calling me out is that you're likely a conservative who agrees with Hasselbeck..

My point is that he's hypocritical by saying that Manilow is a "jerk" when he would take the opposite stance if it were a conservative. If a conservative had said the same thing as Manilow, I wouldn't have called him out, thus not making me a hypocrite. I called out Cojo for his lack of a valid point, not his political views.

And please don't call me a "typical liberal" or "intolerant". I go on conservative sites in order to get other sides of the argument and accordingly form my own opinion on the subject. Not to mention I'm surrounded by rich neo-cons in a rich part of a red state below the mason dixon line. Of course I have liberal bias being a liberal/progressive but to call me typical is simply ignorant on your part.

Well, your point is wrong and you are blinded by your liberal bias.
    First, I never said you didn't have the right to say it, so I am not a hypocrit but rather pointed out your lack of tolerance because you didn't like what was said.
    That is typical of liberals who preach how open minded they are until they hear a view that is counter to their plan for America.
    He did make a valid point that he felt he was a jerk for his stance much like you called me ignorant because you do not like Cojos message.
    A liberal progressive, Good luck with that!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:

Typical conservative spin job. Nice.
    Typical liberal - Ditto
    ;D

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

.............And they're off!

[img width=450 height=327]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/time20bomb.gif[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    So doesn't that make you intolerant of me? It's an endless cycle... Cojo called him a "jerk" for making a political statement which was pointless namecalling. I guess you're a "typical conservative" for calling me out for calling cojo out for calling Manilow out..
    ??? If you're going to play that game then everyone is a hypocrite.. not to mention the only reason you're calling me out is that you're likely a conservative who agrees with Hasselbeck..

My point is that he's hypocritical by saying that Manilow is a "jerk" when he would take the opposite stance if it were a conservative. If a conservative had said the same thing as Manilow, I wouldn't have called him out, thus not making me a hypocrite. I called out Cojo for his lack of a valid point, not his political views.

And please don't call me a "typical liberal" or "intolerant". I go on conservative sites in order to get other sides of the argument and accordingly form my own opinion on the subject. Not to mention I'm surrounded by rich neo-cons in a rich part of a red state below the mason dixon line. Of course I have liberal bias being a liberal/progressive but to call me typical is simply ignorant on your part.

Well, your point is wrong and you are blinded by your liberal bias.
    First, I never said you didn't have the right to say it, so I am not a hypocrit but rather pointed out your lack of tolerance because you didn't like what was said.
    That is typical of liberals who preach how open minded they are until they hear a view that is counter to their plan for America.
    He did make a valid point that he felt he was a jerk for his stance much like you called me ignorant because you do not like Cojos message.
    A liberal progressive, Good luck with that!!

I hope you realize just how ridiculous you've made this argument. I'm not "blinded" by anything. As I stated, I purposely try to get an opposing view point so that I'm NOT blinded. I don't have a lack tolerance.. I don't agree with your viewpoint but that doesn't mean I don't tolerate it. Lack of tolerance is like not allowing gays to have their rights.

You're pinning me as a liberal without actually reading what I have to say. That's such a ridiculous proposition on your part especially when I'm NOT a typical liberal. Also, liberals are normally called "progressives" as opposed to conservatives who are opposed to change in america (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

PPE - Just because you get a conservative view point doesn't mean you are open minded.
    It only means you study your opposition.
    And I do have to say that you may consider yourself different from other liberals but every politcal or religious post on this site has only confirmed your views with that of TYPICAL liberal progressives.
    You may think differently but that is the impression that I have of you!
    I have made some assumptions about your views just as you have of mine, that is human nature.
    If this thread has become so ridiculous than you need not get involved in the thread.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast