Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

Legendary singer Barry Manilow has pulled out of his scheduled appearance on "The View" tomorrow -- because he strongly disagrees with host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative view!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her."

Manilow is currently on a press tour promoting the release of his new album, "Greatest Hits of the 70's.
    This cracks me up. Who the heck does he thinks buys his albums? It's the senior citizens who are by and large more conservative. What the heck, he's only promoting an album, not any political stand. Maybe he would rather make a political statement than make money. What a jerk!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Manilow Refuses To Appear On "The View"

Wow Cojomay.. You take anything that's anti-conservative, post it on this site, and put a pro-conservative spin on it. No one watches the view anyways.

Barry Manilow has the right to do whatever the hell he wants in this FREE COUNTRY, no matter how many albums he sells. If he doesn't want to go on the view, who's making him? How does that make him a jerk? Because he disagrees with her views and doesn't want to go on the show? That would be his right if they're asking for him to come on their show... If he doesn't want the publicity and this issue is up to him, then why does it matter?

If this situation was flipped and it was some Neo-Con christian right republican who didn't want to go on a show with an offensive liberal you wouldn't have said anything. In fact, you probably would have applauded the person for not going on the show. Please don't turn PP.O into the O'Reilly factor.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Wow Cojomay.. You take anything that's anti-conservative, post it on this site, and put a pro-conservative spin on it. No one watches the view anyways.

Barry Manilow has the right to do whatever the hell he wants in this FREE COUNTRY, no matter how many albums he sells. If he doesn't want to go on the view, who's making him? How does that make him a jerk? Because he disagrees with her views and doesn't want to go on the show? That would be his right if they're asking for him to come on their show... If he doesn't want the publicity and this issue is up to him, then why does it matter?

If this situation was flipped and it was some Neo-Con christian right republican who didn't want to go on a show with an offensive liberal you wouldn't have said anything. In fact, you probably would have applauded the person for not going on the show. Please don't turn PP.O into the O'Reilly factor.
    I wasn't trying to make a political statement. I'm just saying that the guy is a jerk because he made more than half his audience mad at him who would have bought his album. But then maybe he doesn't need the money.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikesFanInNC is offline Rookie

heh, yah I don't think he really needs the money from the album. It is surprising to me that he would so openly proclaim his dislike of Hasselbeck.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Elizabeth Hasslebeck is an idiot. I don't blame him.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vike68 is offline Rookie

rofl , i woudlnt go on that lame show either. i didnt think real viking fans watched the view, sounds like your a bit disapointed.

i hate the idea of dieing before another winning season

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i wouldn't want to go on the view either. i would be scared of being eatten
    We're bringing purple back.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

He is getting a whole lot more publicity for not going on than by being there.
    Cudo's to his personal manager for figuring that out.
    If he had gone on the show would you have ever heard about it?
    Would you know he had released a new album?

WWBGD

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The Chixie Dix must have rubbed off on him,
    what a fool.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Wow PPE, You sound like you have a crush on Rosie O'donnell!!
    Isn't it funny that you put down Cojo for saying those things; so in reality you are a hypocrit.
    He isn't allowed to have his view of Manilow without you calling him out.
    Typical liberal, intolerant but usually preaches tolerance; that is unless someone disgrees with you.
    I think Manilow is a coward if he is in such disagreement with her views why avoid the show but rather have a debate.
    Let his point of view be heard and if she is so off base then she would be brought to light.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast