Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Managers?

Re: Managers?

what i would do is start stealing stuff , might as well make it worth getting fired . i would also come in every day next week when your not on the schedual and egg the managers car , and spray paint "put me on the schedual" on it as well . next when your are back on the schedual come into work with a stocking over your head with a presidents mask over that. carry a large guitar case with you at all times , then just go about your job like nothings wrong. and when your manager asks what's up with the costume ask if he is threatening you. and when he does fire you just continue to come to work with the same gitt'up on and ask for a raise every friday.

:lol:

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

My experience in the past, working hourly jobs is that sometimes managers try to 'teach someone a lesson' by giving either reduced shifts or no shifts at all if you do something to bug them...and not working for a few days would definitely do that (even if you had folks cover those shifts). I've worked some fairly stinky jobs in the past, I've found that if you devote yourself to working hard, there's a sense of accomplishment that comes with it. Yeah, Walgreens probably doesn't thrill you to death, but it can't be worse than Burger King. I found the shifts just flew by when I tried to do everything quickly (and correctly). If you want to work, talk to the manager and say so. If you don't, figure out what you didn't like about your present job and find a new job that would be different in that area.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    what i would do is start stealing stuff , might as well make it worth getting fired . i would also come in every day next week when your not on the schedual and egg the managers car , and spray paint "put me on the schedual" on it as well . next when your are back on the schedual come into work with a stocking over your head with a presidents mask over that. carry a large guitar case with you at all times , then just go about your job like nothings wrong. and when your manager asks what's up with the costume ask if he is threatening you. and when he does fire you just continue to come to work with the same gitt'up on and ask for a raise every friday.

:lol:
    some how i don't think that'll work to well in my favor. :roll:

Thanks Josdin

"southern_yankee" wrote:
    My experience in the past, working hourly jobs is that sometimes managers try to 'teach someone a lesson' by giving either reduced shifts or no shifts at all if you do something to bug them...and not working for a few days would definitely do that (even if you had folks cover those shifts). I've worked some fairly stinky jobs in the past, I've found that if you devote yourself to working hard, there's a sense of accomplishment that comes with it. Yeah, Walgreens probably doesn't thrill you to death, but it can't be worse than Burger King. I found the shifts just flew by when I tried to do everything quickly (and correctly). If you want to work, talk to the manager and say so. If you don't, figure out what you didn't like about your present job and find a new job that would be different in that area.
    it's not only the job that sucks southern, the people i work are really difficult people to work with for the most part. the customers are really annoying espically the old ladies that if your off by a second they think your dumb. i have 5 assistant managers and they all tell you something different. the work enviroment just really stinks.

Thanks Josdin

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

It sounds to me in reading your posts that you really hate your job and that attitude is not all that well hidden to the people that you work for. I think they are giving you a reason to quit. Usually companies hate to fire people they would rather that you just leave. I suggest you make a real effort to find another job before they can you. In the mean time try to be a good employee and don't let your negativity effect your job performance. Also if you find customers annoying I would try to find a different line of work if I were you. :wink:

WWBGD

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"snowinapril" wrote:
    But they can't just let you go like that if you didn't have any warning or were not aware of an attendence policy.
    that actually depends on state law, i understand. Does NM have an at-will employment policy? In Colorado, we do, so an employer could ostensibly let a person go without warning and for reasons like they disliked an employee's taste in shoes. In fact, employers here dont have to give a reason. Hence, in places like colorado, unjust terminations happen all the time, but they are rather difficult to prove in a court of law.

I hope this works out for you in the best way, MNvikes61

EDIT: woops i just read through ALL of the posts and say you chime on on NM beig at-will. this sucks for workers, as you know, the corps. have all the power in these situations.

yah new mexico is the same way, you have to sign a "terminate at will" document. saying you understand that they don't have to have a just cause to terminate you, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. you got that right, it's a stupid law.

thanks coloradovike

Thanks Josdin

well for anybody that is wondering. they thought i was taking a vacation so they gave me the complete week off. whether that is just some smoke they are blowing or not is yet to be seen. the bad news is the only way i can pick up hours this week is if somebody calls in, and somebody called in tonite so i'm going in to work. during the next week i'm going to be job searching and hopefully find something more up my alley. thanks for all the advise PP.Oers and i can keep you guys up to date if anything dramatic happens. take it easy. Peace

Thanks Josdin

well i finally have good news on the job front, i have a new job coming up in two weeks. the finally straw came when walgreens only gave me 12 hours this coming week so i'm out of there. gonna work at a healthy grocery store i'll be making more money, guarenteed 24-30 a week til next summer when the shifts will pick up, and a causual dress code :grin:

Thanks Josdin

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    well i finally have good news on the job front, i have a new job coming up in two weeks. the finally straw came when walgreens only gave me 12 hours this coming week so i'm out of there. gonna work at a healthy grocery store i'll be making more money, guarenteed 24-30 a week til next summer when the shifts will pick up, and a causual dress code :grin:
    Awesome, I remember you telling me about that. Congrats! :grin:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast