Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Managers?

SamDawg84 Guest

Re: Managers?

u should be like " U! im tired of no! im leaving for good!" but thats wat i would do

vikesfan353 is offline Starter

It's Walgreen! It's a part time job! You only been there five months! If you get let go it will me absolutely nothing! Don't sweat it! Sounds to me like you may have rubbed the manager the wrong way! Speaking from a managers point of view! Do Not Call him go talk to him face to face tell him how ya feel! Unless he has it out for ya he will forgive ya! And if they do let ya go talk to him about being a reference in the future!
    For every question an answer! For every answer a why?

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

If you dont want to put them on your resume put down that you worked at Vandaly Indutries(old Stienfied episode) and have them call a friend of yours for the refernce. Otherwise like said before don't sweat it there are lots of jobs out there and someone will appriciate you and your hard work.
    I.B.O.T. #213

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"Articnv" wrote:
    Check the attandance polciy at work. Before beign termanited the MNGs need to give u some sorta reason why no reason = wronful termantion.

Just talk to themanger - the places i worked at if u missed 3 days ina row and didnt have a doctors not it was gorunds for firing.

Gettign fired froma job that u been at for 2 years is hard to find a job after that.

The Shift leaders (woudl = liek amanger) did not want to see me get canned they even fought for em to stay. But the company was ina termantite mode puttign eveyr they coudl on warnign so they coudl fire as they ahd to cut back at expenitures.

The wya it sounds u coudl careless if u havbe the job or nto but the ruel u should follow is dont quite a job until you have another
    I dont know how things work in your state, but in Georgia, every application you fill out will have the phrase, "This working relationship may be terminated by either party at any time, with or without notice, and with or without reason".
    As far as referances go, dont sweat it. Previous employers are only allowed to answer two yes/no questions. They are, "Is this person still employed by your company", and "Is this person on a rehireable status". If they answer any more then that, you could say that you didnt get a new job because your previous employer was slanderous, and they could be held liable.
    Just hit the want adds man... There are pleanty of jobs available for people willing to work...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I say screw work, have fun while you can!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    well i worked there part time for about 5 months now. so it wouldn't be too hard to explain what i had been doing for 5 months. i hope they at least let me put in some kind of resignation instead of being fire, so i do not have to lie about anything. what really bothers me is nobody told me a thing about anything, no manager said i was skating on thin ice or that if things contined the way they were i'd be terminated. the only thing i can think of that could have pushed them over the limit is somebody asked me if they could have one of my shifts and i told him he could if he wanted it, so maybe they feel like i don't want to work there anymore, but i don't see how that would be grounds for termination. i just hope everything works out, i'm still young and don't want to have any trouble with a job that really for the most part a horrible place to work. i don't really want to work there anymore, but i don't want to be canned.
    ya, if they havn't written you up or at least told you your in trouble ... I don't think anything will happen.

Let's say on the odd chance they do want to let you go. Make sure to immediately ask for a complete copy of you employment history ... if you want to be a prick, make them do it within 24hrs, which is federal regulations (as i said, if you want to make them sweat and be a prick)

The best advice is to inform yourself, stay calm and make them explain "Why?" they are letting you go. Most managers just hope that when they say your done, the person just leaves. If you make them justify themselves, calmly and rationally ... things usually work out for the better.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I manage and I would first say their is 2 sides to every story. I have heard your side. I would venture to say you and this assist-manager have gotten into it before about other work stuff? If so what are the other things?

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

actually i've never got into it with anybody at work, i get mad but i don't say anything to anybody. so i don't know where all this is coming from, unless there is something going on that i don't know about.

i talked to my manager today and he said he didn't know why i wasn't scheduled to work next week at all and to call my assistant manager tomorrow, he does the schedules, and ask him what is up. so i guess i'm still in a job, which is better than being unemployed.

now i'm definately going to start looking another job, i've come to a conclusion that walgreens is not a very good place to work at, i've got plenty of reasons why i no longer wish to work there. would you, if me, start looking for another job before you put in your notice, or would you just say the heck with it and just put in your notice, and then you could completely focus on getting a better job, instead of just settling for some business that actually returned your phone call.

Thanks Josdin

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ryanmurphy" wrote:
    "Articnv" wrote:
    Check the attandance polciy at work. Before beign termanited the MNGs need to give u some sorta reason why no reason = wronful termantion.

Just talk to themanger - the places i worked at if u missed 3 days ina row and didnt have a doctors not it was gorunds for firing.

Gettign fired froma job that u been at for 2 years is hard to find a job after that.

The Shift leaders (woudl = liek amanger) did not want to see me get canned they even fought for em to stay. But the company was ina termantite mode puttign eveyr they coudl on warnign so they coudl fire as they ahd to cut back at expenitures.

The wya it sounds u coudl careless if u havbe the job or nto but the ruel u should follow is dont quite a job until you have another
    I dont know how things work in your state, but in Georgia, every application you fill out will have the phrase, "This working relationship may be terminated by either party at any time, with or without notice, and with or without reason".
    As far as referances go, dont sweat it. Previous employers are only allowed to answer two yes/no questions. They are, "Is this person still employed by your company", and "Is this person on a rehireable status". If they answer any more then that, you could say that you didnt get a new job because your previous employer was slanderous, and they could be held liable.
    Just hit the want adds man... There are pleanty of jobs available for people willing to work...
    The legal term is "employment at will"...and what you need to find out if your state is an "at will" state. A good rule of thumb is to never leave your current job until you find another one...but obviously there are exceptions. This one sounds like one that you might want to keep until you find the next one...even if you don't like it that much. Leave on your own terms...that way you control the situation.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

yah unforunately NM is a "at will" state. well we'll see how the seach goes, i've look and called around, but not a whole lot is hiring. i could go flip burgers LoL. that's about all the luck i've had so far, and i don't know how it is in other states but in new mexico, nobody fills out paper applications, it's electornically sent and i've never had any luck with that, i don't know why they had to go any change it

Thanks Josdin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast