Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 'Man Wall' provides everything you need for a self-abusing day of sloth

"Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I don't like kegerators.

You're basically stuck with the same keg for an extended period of time, you must get sick of whatever you bought.

I guess they're a good idea if you're going to be having guests over frequently... but otherwise, I can't imagine ever having one.
    My junior year in college, we had a kegerator in our dorm suite.
    That was the perfect time to have it.
    We were polishing off a barrel a week.
    Ahhh......
    See, that's fine a group of dudes, who I'm sure had guests over frequently. Did you switch up what you were getting?
    Well - after each one of us (3 guys who drank and a lip-smacker who just sniped leftover pizza) gained 15 pounds by fall break, we switched to light beer, if that's what you mean.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=BloodyHorns82 link=topic=52176.msg959767#msg959767 date=1245354194]
    Get the hell out of my way, I'm trying to watch the game, and bring me another Bud.
    There's no wine in football!
    You know that Jargo makes his own wine and has brought it to PPO tailgates in the past, right?

=Z=
    And I probably drank it and enjoyed it.
    I was more so trying to visualize a group of young and wild men acting macho in front of the new 15K entertainment center with a built in kegerator.
    Sipping on a glass of wine just doesn't seem fitting is my point.
    Just trying to make a funny visual - apparently I failed in the eyes of some.

EDIT:
    The more I think about it, if I made my own wine I would definitely bring some to the tailgates for people to try out.
    Especially since if your making your own you probably have a plethora of it, and what better place to bring it than an alcohol friendly environment full of friends.
    I love red wine - any kind.
    I was ROTFL when I read that about the wine. I couldn't agree more.
    I do make wine in the winter months and it is excellent. My last batch was a champagne and it tastes great.
    I have over 100 bottles in mt cellar of assorted wines.
    Funny thing. I don't drink wine. Probably a glass at Thanksgiving, that's about it.
    I give it away; mostly to women.

I also make beer. That's for me. Nothing better than homebrew. 10 gallon batches.
    You won't find me drinking at tailgates much. But I'll slosh down a few homebrews when at home sometimes.

And I agree with you Bloody. You don't need that overpriced wall. Just a big screen and a woman who can keep out from between me and the screen when she's fetching me another beer.

Guess I shouldn't have said that.
    Cool, what styles of beer have you brewed and how have they come out? I work with a guy that brews his own, and I'm thinking about doing some brewing of my own.

And just to break balls, you didn't make a champagne, you made a sparkling wine. Unless of course, you live in the champagne region of France, then I'll put my foot in my mouth. ;D
    For sure, sparkling wine. But i still like to refer to its slang name of champagne,even tho it's technically incorrect.
    BTW, I do get grapes from around the world for my wines. I have made white Zinfendel with grapes from Australia and also South Africa. Merlot with grapes from Chile. Etc.

I have made so mant different types of beers over the years I won't list them. Suffice to say, I have made most styles. My preference is for lagers, but like you, I like variety. I'm a bit of a hop head and like beers with strong hops flavors at times.

Brewing is actually a lot of work and takews time, especially lagers. You don't really save much $ brewing your own either.
    But it is worth it for me because I like the quality and it gives me a winter time hobby.

I should note that some batches do not turn out. But most do. Beer is a lot more challenging to make than wine.

Once you make the initial investment in equipment it's a fun inexpensive hobby.
    [/quote]
    Awesome, I'm not a wine drinker, everything I've had I've hated. But they were both super cheap and just nasty overall. I know quite a bit about wine however, I've worked in a liquor store for the past 2 years and have picked up a ton. We have one of the best wine guys around, who loves to talk, so I've really taken in a lot of information.

As far as brewing go, I'm pretty aware of what it takes, another guy I work with brews a couple batches a year. He gave me one in a 40 bottle, but unfortunately there was a carbonation issue with that batch and my bottle ended up exploding. Right now he's brewing a beer that he calculated is gonna be 200 ibu, and around 15% ABV. So I'm hoping to get a bottle or two of that.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I don't like kegerators.

You're basically stuck with the same keg for an extended period of time, you must get sick of whatever you bought.

I guess they're a good idea if you're going to be having guests over frequently... but otherwise, I can't imagine ever having one.
    Ahhh......
    See, that's fine a group of dudes, who I'm sure had guests over frequently. Did you switch up what you were getting?
    Well - after each one of us (3 guys who drank and a lip-smacker who just sniped leftover pizza) gained 15 pounds by fall break, we switched to light beer, if that's what you mean.

=Z=
    lol

What are your beers of choice Z?

I think I tried to make a thread about this one time, but it got no responses... unless I never posted it.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I don't like kegerators.

Ahhh......
    lol

What are your beers of choice Z?

I think I tried to make a thread about this one time, but it got no responses... unless I never posted it.
    These days, I'm drinking Pilsner Urquel.
    Really goes down smooth on hot summer days.

For Vikings' games, it's nothing but Grain Belt Premium.

For Wild games, I drink Labatt's (Canadian beer for hockey is a must!)

I'm a lager or pilsner guy.
    I don't like dark beers at all.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234