BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Man says JetBlue made him sit on toilet

NEW YORK - A New York City man is suing JetBlue Airways Corp. for more than $2 million because he says a pilot made him give up his seat to a flight attendant and sit on the toilet for more than three hours on a flight from California.

Gokhan Mutlu, of Manhattan's Inwood section, says in court papers the pilot told him to "go 'hang out' in the bathroom" about 90 minutes into the San Diego to New York flight because the flight attendant complained that the "jump seat" she was assigned was uncomfortable, the lawsuit said.

Mutlu was traveling on a a "buddy pass," a standby travel voucher that JetBlue employees give to friends, from New York to San Diego on Feb. 16, and returned to New York on Feb. 23, the lawsuit said....................
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080513/ap_on_fe_st/jetblue_lawsuit

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Man says JetBlue made him sit on toilet

What a lame ass...this guy's suit is going nowhere.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

So... he's suing becuse he had a free ticket and had to sit on a toilet? I've PAID for a ticket and wanted to sit in the bathroom... usually it had to do with the mile-high club, but still.

What a whiner.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    What a lame jiggly butt...this guy's suit is going nowhere.
    I think he might have a case:

When the aircraft hit turbulence and passengers were directed to return to their seats, but "the plaintiff had no seat to return to, sitting on a toilet stool with no seat belts," court papers say.
    I would imaging that there are FAA regulations in place dictating what a commercial airline has to provide its passengers.
    I am certain that seat belts and emergency oxygen would be on the list.
    I think that he will win this one hands down.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Yeah you guys are fucking idiots if you think he doesn't have a case.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i would sit on the pooper to go to cali for free
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

When the aircraft hit turbulence and passengers were directed to return to their seats, but "the plaintiff had no seat to return to, sitting on a toilet stool with no seat belts," court papers say.
    Um, why didn't he just sit in the jump seat that was vacated by the flight attendant?

Obviously if she took his seat because her jump seat was uncomfortable, then the jump seat would have been unoccupied.

Also, I've never been on a flight where a flight attendant sat in a seat the entire flight. Usually they sit during take off & landing only, on a short flight. Why couldn't he sit in it then?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Um, why didn't he just sit in the jump seat that was vacated by the flight attendant?

Obviously if she took his seat because her jump seat was uncomfortable, then the jump seat would have been unoccupied.

Also, I've never been on a flight where a flight attendant sat in a seat the entire flight. Usually they sit during take off & landing only, on a short flight. Why couldn't he sit in it then?
    I'm guessing she was an off duty flight attendent, who would get the seat before someone with a buddy pass would.
    The thing I don't get though is she KNOWS what a jump seat is like if she's a flight attendant so why would she agree to sit it in and then decide otherwise during the flight.
    She had to have sat in them before during take offs and landings and such.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I'm guessing she was an off duty flight attendent, who would get the seat before someone with a buddy pass would.
    The thing I don't get though is she KNOWS what a jump seat is like if she's a flight attendant so why would she agree to sit it in and then decide otherwise during the flight.
    Either way, the idiot sat in the bathroom while the jump seat was unoccupied during the flight.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Either way, the idiot sat in the bathroom while the jump seat was unoccupied during the flight.
    If you read the article is says that he was not allowed to sit in the jump seat.

The pilot told him 1 1/2 hours into the five-hour flight that he would have to relinquish the seat to the flight attendant, court papers say. But the pilot said that Mutlu could not sit in the jump seat because only JetBlue employees were permitted to sit there, the lawsuit said.

When Mutlu expressed reluctance to go sit in the bathroom, the pilot, who was not named in the lawsuit, told him that "he was the pilot, that this was his plane, under his command that (Mutlu) should be grateful for being on board," the lawsuit said.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=