Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Man pleads guilty to DWI in motorized La-Z-Boy

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Infamous Motorized La-Z-Boy Hits eBay[/size]

Evidently this guy is a Vikings fan and would drive this chair to local bars in Minnesota to watch the games.
    The police are putting it up on eBay.
    Someone should buy it and deck it out in purple and gold and drive it to the Metrodome!

[img width=450 height=282]http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2009/10/motorized_la-z-boy.jpg[/img]
    It's up to $1000 on eBay right now.
    For that price, I can buy my own La-Z-Boy and do it myself...

Of course, the wife would kill me, but that is a different issue.
    Over 3 days left and it's already up to over $36,000 dollars.

La-z-boy DWI Chair, Motorized Chair, lazy boy

Here's a funny question someone asked the seller:

Q: Does it have a clean title? Rumor has it that this vehicle originated in Wisconsin and was used to transport a very famous football player from Green Bay to Minneapolis. Can you confirm or deny?
    A: No Title, sale of the vehicle will be on a bill of sale. Good one about the famous football player
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Infamous Motorized La-Z-Boy Hits eBay[/size]

Evidently this guy is a Vikings fan and would drive this chair to local bars in Minnesota to watch the games.
    The police are putting it up on eBay.
    Someone should buy it and deck it out in purple and gold and drive it to the Metrodome!

[img width=450 height=282]http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2009/10/motorized_la-z-boy.jpg[/img]
    It's up to $1000 on eBay right now.
    For that price, I can buy my own La-Z-Boy and do it myself...

Of course, the wife would kill me, but that is a different issue.
    Over 3 days left and it's already up to over $36,000 dollars.

La-z-boy DWI Chair, Motorized Chair, lazy boy

Here's a funny question someone asked the seller:

Q: Does it have a clean title? Rumor has it that this vehicle originated in Wisconsin and was used to transport a very famous football player from Green Bay to Minneapolis. Can you confirm or deny?
    A: No Title, sale of the vehicle will be on a bill of sale. Good one about the famous football player
    This auction is for an official genuine autographed photo of Dennis Anderson on his now world famous DWI La-z-boy Chair, Motorized Custom Chair, lazy boy, in Proctor Minnesota

Description

Autographed photograph of the world famous DWI Motorized La-Z-Boy style Chair. All proceeds from this auction will go to Denny L. Anderson to help him pay his fines and legal fees. Dennis is a 62 year old distinguished United States Navy Veteran. He served our county for 37 years. He defended our country so we can have our freedoms we enjoy. Recently Dennis was convicted of a DWI after accidentally crashing his now famous home made NHRA lawn mower powered La-z-boy chair into a parked car. Winning bidder will receive a genuine 8x10 autographed photo and a 4x6 of the chair at the race track, along with a personal note from Dennis L. Anderson himself. Thank you for bidding and god bless!
    up to $405.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Autog...sQ5fLiterature

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Do you need a drivers license to operate that thing? If not why the ticket?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Why in the floop would a cop give this guy a DWI?
    Are they TRYING to be whoopdeedoos?
    What was he going to do, crash into somebody and make them comfortable?
    You know, when I saw this article in the paper last week, I thought about posting it.
    But I knew that someone would make a comment like this.

Here is a more complete article
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/257266/

The cop wasn't trying to be a slick willy, the idiot on the chair crashed it into a parked car, doing damage.
    Not to mention that he was operating it fairly recklessly and could easily have injured someone.

According to the criminal complaint, Anderson drove his motorized chair into a vehicle parked near a Proctor bar.

Anderson’s blood-alcohol content was measured at 0.29 percent, more than three times the legal limit to drive.

Anderson claimed he was driving the chair fine until a woman jumped on it and knocked the chair off course.
    LOL at people who think the cops are just out to screw people...
    Still I think the law is wrong. Not the cops fault, but driving a chair that probably weighs less than a hundred pounds and has 8 horsepower should not be treated the same as someone who is driving a 2,000 pound car down the free way at 70mph.

I can't believe the judge couldn't alter the sentence. I'm guessing this wasn't the guys first DUI, I don't think they take your vehicle for the first one. I know a guy who had his truck taken(still owing about 10K), but it was his 3rd or 4th offense.

I wonder if we could get the keg scooter that's always at the tailgates confiscated, that thing is annoying. I don't think I've seen a sober person ride that thing yet. ;D
    Would you swerve if you were going to hit him in that chair?

He's no different than a cyclist, and they can get DUIs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123