BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Man Offers Free Lawn Mowing to Lose Weight

COON RAPIDS, Minn. - A local man who has struggled to lose weight is hoping a lawn mower will help him shed between 30 and 50 pounds.

After working up quite a sweat mowing his own lawn this summer, Darrell Nelson thought that he could get a good workout by mowing lawns for other people as well.

So, on the Web site Craig's List, he placed an ad offering to mow lawns for free.

He figures if he eats better and mows a lawn per day nearly every day of the week, he will be able to keep an exercise program going. He said he has a hard time keeping commitments to himself, but he will stick to commitments he makes to others.

"This is no joke or gimmick," he wrote on the Web site. "I need to lose weight. I have struggled on sticking to exercise programs, including just walking, for quite a while now."

Nelson is a former power lifter who's about 5-foot-9 and 258 pounds. Since news of his ad spread, he has fielded calls from the media, strangers _ even some women who have asked him out on dates.

"My life has been turned upside down, man, unbelievable," he said. "I was planning on doing five lawns: Mine plus four others. Now, I'm doing six lawns: Mine plus five others. ... I was just trying to do some yards and lose some weight, and it just _ voila _ away it went."

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2006/07/07/ap/strange/d8in4t000.txt

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: Man Offers Free Lawn Mowing to Lose Weight

LOL my cousin lives in Coon Rapids I will have to ask her if he's doing her lawn.... :shock:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    LOL my cousin lives in Coon Rapids I will have to ask her if he's doing her lawn.... :shock:
    She may have been one of the ladies who asked him out on a date...ask her if he's doing anything else! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

coreyd is offline Coach

Holy crap. I live in Coon Rapids. Its cool to hear about people getting enough nuts in life to make the changes they want. Way to go bro!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Thats awesome. Maybe he can run to NJ to lose the weight, then get me out of my lawn mowing duties :lol:

Prophet Guest

I don't think it would work for me. I sit on a riding lawnmower and drink a beer while mowing.