Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Man-Made Global Warming - Is it or not?

I saw someone today driving a vehicle with a bumper sticker that said....WWWD

What Would Wellstone Do?

This bumper sticker was on a Volvo.
    My guess is Wellstone would encourage drivers to not drive foreign vehicles!!!!

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

FYI, Ford Motors, a US based company, has owned Volvo for the past 8 years or so.

In other matters, I don't get why people bash gore about global warming mitigation. Gore isn't saying the you and me have to tread lighter on earth while gore and hillary
    can run wild with fossil fuels. But gore is saying that the laws and rules that affect energy use have to change. Don't kill the messenger because you don't like the message.

Plus, I always thought the contradiction of gore message vs. method was part of the point. One person can't make a difference, society needs new standards.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

ahh...I did not know that....thank you

I always had respect for Wellstone, even though my background is conservative.
    He stuck to his guns and tried to do the right thing.

BTW....I did not mean to start a political thread.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think it will take a long time for global warming to cause most of us any real discomfort. What will happen far sooner is the Peak Oil Crisis. Here is a website that explains it very well. Here is a link, It is very long but very interesting and will answer many of the questions that you might have.
    http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/
    If you've been wondering why the Bush administration has been spending money, cutting social programs, and starting wars like there's no tomorrow, now you have your answer: as far as they are concerned, there is no tomorrow.
    That website assumes that we will remain at the current state of industry for the next 30 years.

Believe me, if and when the oil becomes economically depleted there will be new technologies burning different fuels faster than you can blink. The technology already exists, but the people with power (AKA money) keep it all from being produced because everyone is lining their pockets with oil dollars.

Plus, the line about the Bush administration is ludicrous. First of all, they cut social programs because that is what conservatives do. Reagan did it, Bush 1 did it and now little Bush is doing it. Republicans as a rule believe in limiting social welfare programs. Starting wars and spending money? I would argue that it's bad leadership, not some vast "there is no tomorrow" conspiracy.

Did these people make loose change too? Can we grow up now?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123