Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Man drinks liter of vodka at airport line

BERLIN - A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter (two pints) of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday.

The incident occurred at the Nuremberg airport on Tuesday, where the 64-year-old man was switching planes on his way home to Dresden from a holiday in Egypt.

New airport rules prohibit passengers from carrying larger quantities of liquid onto planes, and he was told at a security check he would have to either throw out the bottle of vodka or pay a fee to have his carry-on bag checked as cargo.

Instead, he chugged the bottle down — and was quickly unable to stand or otherwise function, police said.

A doctor called to the scene determined he had possibly life-threatening alcohol poisoning, and he was sent to a Nuremberg clinic for treatment.

The man, whose name was not released, is expected to be able to complete his journey home in a few days.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071212/ap_on_fe_st/vodka_quaff;_ylt=AlEBgnaqggJkSEYK2v5j8P8sQE4F

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Man drinks liter of vodka at airport line

Very impressive.
    Once in my younger days I drank a beer bong with 3and a half beers, I was pretty proud of myself, but passed out in the hallway of the apartment building I was living in a short time later. Later when I watched the video of the evening I realized the joke really was on me because when i wasn't looking my "friends" poured 6-12 ounces of bacardi limon in as well. That was one bad hangover, I bet this guys was worse.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Very impressive.
    Once in my younger days I drank a beer bong with 3and a half beers, I was pretty proud of myself, but passed out in the hallway of the apartment building I was living in a short time later. Later when I watched the video of the evening I realized the joke really was on me because when i wasn't looking my "friends" poured 6-12 ounces of bacardi limon in as well. That was one bad hangover, I bet this guys was worse.
    I was gonna say, 3 and a half and you passed out? But then the bacardi lol!

I can't chug for the life of me though

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"Mr" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Very impressive.

Aren't you underage?

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Alcohol poisoning amongst youngsters is a huge problem here in Holland.
    The minimum age your allowed to drink beer and bacardi and such is 16 years, and for hard liquor 18. IMO that is way to young but what can you cange about it? the politicians have addressed the problem but still nothing has happened.

Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

I too, am impressed.

I thought this kind of stunt required youth and machoism.
    At my bachelor party my friends took me to a revolving resteraunt on top of a hotel in L.A..
    When the waitress brought our first round of drinks I grabbed the tray and chugged all the drinks (Black Russians, Vodka Gimlets, Seven seven, etc.).
    They told me the resteraunt revolved every 45 minutes, I only remember once!
    My next memory was fully clothed in a cold shower in my best man's apartment and my bride to be cleaning up the floor where I had passed out amidst my gastro intestenal discharge.
    That was 37 years ago and we are still together and I am still alcohol free (once was enough for me).
    Must be my good looks and sparkling wit :

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

haha, chugging hard liquor is never a good idea...

I'm sure many of us have learned that the hard way.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Very impressive.

Aren't you underage?
    And if I am?

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Mr" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Very impressive.

Aren't you underage?
    And if I am?
    Underage drinking is illegal!!!!
    And I am glad I never ever ever ever did it back in high school or college..............yeah......................

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Just giving him a hard time......I would love to see somebody do 3 1/2 beers in my beer bong. I have yet to see it, I have never tried 3, but have done 2 on occasion. Last time somebody tried 3 the last beer ended up on their face. And I go to a pretty damn big party school here in Missouri.....Hell one of our bars actually made it on MTV or some crap like that when my brothers went up here(UCM, formerly known as CMSU)

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast