Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Maine Lobsterman Pulls Up Rare Lobster

That's crazy, even if it does look a little photoshopped :razz:
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Hmmm I feel like I Just saw that recently but I don't think it was here, must have been on the news. And it's not photoshopped Oddman!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Hmmm I feel like I Just saw that recently but I don't think it was here, must have been on the news. And it's not photoshopped Oddman!
    It's too perfect to be photoshopped.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

BAR HARBOR, Maine - An eastern Maine lobsterman caught a lobster this week that looks like it's half-cooked.

The lobster caught by Alan Robinson in Dyer's Bay that is a typical mottled green on one side; the other side is a shade of orange that looks cooked.

Robinson, of Steuben, donated the lobster to the Mount Desert Oceanarium. Staff members say the odds or finding a half-and-half lobster are 1 in 50 million to 100 million. By comparison, the odds of finding a blue lobster are about 1 in a million.

Robinson, who has been fishing for more than 20 years, said he didn't know what to think when he spotted the odd creature in his trap.

"I thought somebody was playing a joke on me," Robinson said. "Once I saw what it was ... it was worth seeing."

Bette Spurling, who works at the oceanarium, said lobster shells are usually a blend of the three primary colors: red, yellow and blue. Those colors mix to form the greenish-brown color of most lobsters. This lobster, though, has no blue in half of its shell, she said.

Bernard Arseneau, a former manager at the oceanarium's lobster hatchery, said lobsters also have a growth pattern in which the two sides develop independently of each other.

The oceanarium has received only three two-toned lobsters in its 35 years of existence, staff members said.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2006/07/14/ap/strange/d8is3erg0.txt
    Good thing. I hate it when you see something not worth seeing and you feel like you wasted your seeing on something you would have preferred not to see. Then you ask yourself, "Gee, I wonder what I would have saw if I wasn't seeing this? Would it have been better, or even more worthless to see?" Then you spend your whole day wondering if you made the right decision in seeing that thing and if that thing that you saw was the best thing you could have saw at that point and if it were, you'd feel bad that the best thing worth seeing was actually not worth seeing at all. Man, I really hate that.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12