Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madden Ratings

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Madden Ratings

I have been really bored lately and that has contributed to my old playing Madden 2004 (I know that I should buy the new one :roll: ) and I realized how terrible the player ratings are in that game. Do the Japenese guys and gals that make that game know anything about football??? come on, Chris Hovan is rated 95 overall (can you say overrated?), Culpepper is rated down at 88, Jeff Garcia is up at 93, Jermaine Wiggins is 53 (I know this is before he had the breakout season but he was better than that wasn't he?) There are more terrible player ratings too. Madden 2005 has some crazy ones as well, is there a NFL game for a reasonable price out there with some better player rankings? I've heard good things about ESPN 2k5.

"AND THE VIKINGS HAVE WON SUPER BOWL 40!!! "
    (the above message is post dated)
    ccasion5:

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Madden Ratings

2k5 had terrible ratings. All I remember is Winfield being a 78 and B-WIll being something like 74.

Madden 2005 IMHO had most players rated too high, and when everyone is rated too high, then it is almost as bad as when nobody is.

It should be interesting to read up on this year's player rankings, especially the rookies. If there are two things I love having on my team is a speed WR (Williamson) and a Pass Rushing End (James).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

You can edit them yourself in Madden. Thats what I do. I am actually not that biased although Culpepper is a 97 in mine and the animal is a 97 as well... I have all of our RB's at 87 but moe who is 83 and ciatrick who I haven't downloaded yet...

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

personally i just play online and it changes the reankigs for you when you download them off madden online and i think they are pret accurate. go online and play a game or 2 and save the updated roster on our memory card its pretty accurate
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

"thetrenches68OL" wrote:
    personally i just play online and it changes the reankigs for you when you download them off madden online and i think they are pret accurate. go online and play a game or 2 and save the updated roster on our memory card its pretty accurate
    Um. uh. I play on a pc ops:
    Speaking of which (and changing the subject) which in everyones opinion is better, Xbox or PS2???

English Vike is offline Starter

i play on the ps2 normally but recently have been playing on the pc as well, i've downloaded an updated roster that i could send anyone if they want, it's pretty decent and after the draft although i havent looked at in detail. williamson is 81 but great to play with as he's so fast, in my first game i kept throwing bombs his way and made a 67 yard reception and a 70 yard touchdown, after he made his touchdown Al mentioned randy moss record for most rookie td's in a season and said 'this kid is gonna have a run at hat record' or something along those lines! awesome, i was way more excited than i ever should get about a computer game.

i'm not very good on the pc yet, can't really get used to the controls so much, i'm not good with a keyboard, need the controller, but i played a couple of games online with my friend which was so fun

anyone else thats got it on the pc fancy having a game?

dont you have to pay for the online play???

English Vike is offline Starter

nah not if you just do it on direct IP, i think you do to enter official leagues and stuff, but if two people want to play, you can just fire it up, whoever starts it up gives the other guy their IP address, they type that in after selecting 'join online game' or whatever it is, and you're in.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    no - as long as you have internet access and a computer that's fast enough, it's free

Thanks PPE for the sig.

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    no - as long as you have internet access and a computer that's fast enough, it's free
    How fast?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast