Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Madden boards NFC north predictions--pretty funny

http://easports.boards.ea.com/messages?[email protected]@.3bd70a0d

Some guy thinks that the vikes will finish 6-10 and then a bunch of people defend the vikes. :razz:

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Madden boards NGC north predictions--pretty funny

I think I've been to that board before, only when I'm "bored" of course, get it? Now I'm sounding like Zim.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Madden boards NFC north predictions--pretty funny

Haha, that's pretty funny! At least other people are seeing it too! Although I did almost lose my lunch when I read "They're still good enough to make Superbowl" (notice how he for the "the")

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Look what the UNC guy said.

"i agree with Hokie 99.9%, i don't think detroit has that good of a RB. Minnesota has a better one and he didn't even start last year. "

MEMO!

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

that guy must be hangin with ricky and onterrio way too much, lay off the drugs man or cheese what ever it is

I put my reply up. I am Skolvikes81711.

How about not.

The vikings are by far the best team in the NFC north if not the NFC.

The vikings may have traded their biggest playmaker in Moss but Culpepper proved that he could play well without him and Burleson proved that he can step in and take his place if needed. They also signed a question mark reciever that could turn out to be big with them in Travis Taylor. Travis has never played with a QB as good as Culpepper and could break out big time with such a good Quarterback throwing him the ball. If that is not enough for you they added more to their recieving core by drafting Troy Williamson, a speedster WR with huge potential. Now keep in mind that they still have Kelly Campbell and Marcus Robinson, two solid WR's.

When asked in Dev. Camp what player he thinks has improved the most Tice answered "No question. Michael Bennett." Other coaches replied with such quotes as "He is smoking". If he can return to the form he was in when he ran for 1000 yards, he will be unstoppable.

Now IMO the reason that the vikings weren't that good last year was because of their defense which was, as you may know, atrocious. It seems as if the vikes organization realized this and went out there and signed first, Pat Williams. Pat Williams is a huge nosetackle who can absolutely destroy a teams running game. now factor Pat in with Kevin Williams, possibly the best DT in the and Kenechi Udeze, who is in his second year and ready to break out and also Erasmus James, another rookie with huge potential, and you have one of the best D-lines in the NFL.

But no. it doesn't stop there. The vikings realized their needs at LB, their worst position last year, and went out and got Sam Cowart, a proven defensive leader, for practically nothing. They also got Napoleon Harris in the Moss trade. The Dontarrious Thomas will also be starting and will learn under Cowart along with EJ Henderson.

But wait... It keeps going...

Lat year in the offseason the Vikings signed a HUGE player in Antione Winfield who payed off for them greatly in the long run. This offseason they signed another big player to go opposite Antione, Fred Smoot. Now Smoot isn't just a big player-- He has become the voice of the vikings defense. He loves to "rally the troops" and is becoming an emotional leader. With Winfield on one side, Smoot on the other, and Brian Williams, a good player who is working his way up, at the nickel you have one of the best CB tandems in the NFL.

The Safety position will be as solid as ever this year with Darren Sharper replacing Brian Russell ast FS. With Corey Chavous and Darren Sharper at safety you can't go wrong.

my predictions:

Vikings- 12-4- win division ...Do I need to explain more?

Lions- 9-7- Wild Card ... good team, just missing that extra piece

Packers- 7-9- They lost a lot but Brett Favre is still Brett Favre no matter what his O-line looks like.

Bears- 6-10- An aging Muhsin Muhammad is not enough to make them a contender. Watch out for them in the future though.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

takes too long to load...so screw it. i am sure it is cool though.

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    takes too long to load...so screw it. i am sure it is cool though.
    lol I know. I have really fast DSL and ist still loads slow on mine. :roll:

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

you could tell the original poster was younger, and uneducated about the vikings this season, seeing as his main reason for us being at the bottom was because we'd be hurtin' without moss...had no clue about the many many improvements we made to a team that was better than any in our division to begin with...
    ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast