Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Madden 2007 Viking Player Raitings.

At least they are finally giving Wiggins some love. He is a 90.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I think EJ and Mewelde are ranked pretty low.
    You're right, Mewelde Moore should be an 80-83.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ZDoy379" wrote:
    tarvaris jackson has a 49 awarness. playing with the vision cones is gonna be pretty fun. he is also a 72 overall and only 73 speed. alex smith has 73 speed. he has nice throw power at 93 and decent accuracy at 79. his awarness should be higher though.
    Based on what? His stellar performance in non-contact drills?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

OnlyVikes is offline Rookie

Richard Angulo is better than Devonte Edwards? They must not have seen him play last year, especially against the Pack when he returned for a TD.

:rant mode on:
    I have a problem with these ratings in the following areas:

1.) Ciatrick rated higher than Mewelde? Come on now!

2.) Kelvin Kight? Released weeks ago. (not that big a deal I guess)

3.) Linebacker ratings as a whole. I understand that there are questions here, but Greenway the highest rated? As much as I like him, I think not. E.J., Leber, and Harris should be rated a little higher than that, IMO.

4.) No Ryan Cook? Argue all you want, but he was a second round pick, after all. They could have left out Jason Whittle for all I care.

5.) No Ray Edwards? Hmm.

6.) No Greg Blue? Get with the program E.A.!

:rant off:

Edit: Wait! There's more!

7.) Chris Kluwe an 80? No freaking way. 85 at least, this kid rocks.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    :rant mode on:
    I have a problem with these ratings in the following areas:

1.) Ciatrick rated higher than Mewelde? Come on now!

2.) Kelvin Kight? Released weeks ago. (not that big a deal I guess)

3.) Linebacker ratings as a whole. I understand that there are questions here, but Greenway the highest rated? As much as I like him, I think not. E.J., Leber, and Harris should be rated a little higher than that, IMO.

4.) No Ryan Cook? Argue all you want, but he was a second round pick, after all. They could have left out Jason Whittle for all I care.

5.) No Ray Edwards? Hmm.

6.) No Greg Blue? Get with the program E.A.!

:rant off:
    ~ True dat

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I'm sure you all know by now that I do not like Hines Ward.

But honestly look at his ratings and tell me it's not total bùllsht.... you can't.

91 Acceleration- no
    89 Speed- no
    72 Strength- 5 Less than Joey Porter and 3 more than Polamalu- absolutely not
    94 agility- HAHAHAHA
    95 Catch- That's the same as Moss, and if I remember correctly he dropped a pass that hit him in the hands in the super bowl, and blew a game against the Ravens by dropping one and kicking it in the air all in one graceful move and having it intercepted by Terell Suggs.- No
    67 Carrying- What makes him a better ball carrier than every other "elite(which he is not) receiver" his is higher than Moss, Owens, Harrison, Chad Johnson, Holt, and Steve Smith?, nothing- stupid, I swear they'll do anything to make him look better than he is.
    86 Jumping- Are you gonna tell me that 2 of the best athletes in the NFL, Michael Vick and Reggie Bush only deserve 1 more jumping point than Hines Ward?-no

And someone will probably say "Oh but he's such a good blocker"

65 Run Block- Thats higher than Tony Richardson arguably the best fullback in the league(Lorenzo Neal is probably better though) and Mike Alstott. He's a good blocker FOR A WIDE RECIEVER, he could never "out-block" a fullback.-No.

44 Pass Block- What?! Why would they even give him any pass blocking? All of the other recievers have like 25 or less, but they give Ward a 44? Shouldn't he be using his 87 elusiveness, 86 jump, 91 acceleration, 89 speed, and 95 hands on pass plays?- No, just another way to raise his overall rating.- bs.

All of his other blocking stats, impact blocking, pass/run block footwork and strength, they are all higher than Tony Richardson as well as many other fullbacks and tight ends. I'll say it again, he's a good blocker for a WIDE RECIEVER, he couldn't "out-block" a fullback or tight end.

Some other stats.

99 Toughness- David Carr has been sacked 205 times in his short career and has never been injured, and he only gets an 84. Steve Hutchinson is only a 56??!Other players with a 99 toughness, Kevin Mawae, Ray Lewis, Steve McNair, and Brett Favre. What has Hines Ward done to prove that he is as tough as these guys? Sean Taylor is a 92, put those two in the ring, or in an ally somewhere and we'll see who's tougher (and no, Taylor will not bring his guns, real guns that is)- yeah right.

99 Stamina- I assure you there are tons of NFL players in far better condition than Hines Ward, one of which is on his team, Troy Polamalu he sprints sideline to sideline, down after down, series after series, game after game, and he only gets a 95. Ed Reed, TO, Tiki Barber, Troy Brown, and Im sure there are a few others, but all of these guys are clearly better conditioned than Ward. Just another way to boost his overall- absolutely not.

10 Finesse moves- How does he have 90 juke, 87 elusiveness, 85 spin, 94 agility, 91 acceleration, and only 10 Finesse Moves, could they be trying to actually make him look bad in one category? I doubt it, probably a mistake in the game- I just don't understand this one.

I think the only number they got right was the one on the back of his jersey. Too bad they don't have off the field stats, so the game can ignore his contract holdout, and make him a 99 in that too.

Usually Madden gets these things pretty much 100% right, but I guess they have given into this country's infatuation with the Steelers, or as I like to call it, the "The Steel Nation Lovefest" as well, and I'm just sick of their overrated skill positions. If the Steelers fans and media would finally just give the credit where it is due, their offensive line and linebackers(not Porter though) I'd be happy. I'm just sick of their revoltingly terrible skill players getting all of the credit when an ape could do the same thing, if not better.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    I'm sure you all know by now that I do not like Hines Ward.

But honestly look at his ratings and tell me it's not total kaka del toro.... you can't.

91 Acceleration- no
    89 Speed- no
    72 Strength- 5 Less than Joey Porter and 3 more than Polamalu- absolutely not
    94 agility- HAHAHAHA
    95 Catch- That's the same as Moss, and if I remember correctly he dropped a pass that hit him in the hands in the super bowl, and blew a game against the Ravens by dropping one and kicking it in the air all in one graceful move and having it intercepted by Terell Suggs.- No
    67 Carrying- What makes him a better ball carrier than every other "elite(which he is not) receiver" his is higher than Moss, Owens, Harrison, Chad Johnson, Holt, and Steve Smith?, nothing- stupid, I swear they'll do anything to make him look better than he is.
    86 Jumping- Are you gonna tell me that 2 of the best athletes in the NFL, Michael Vick and Reggie Bush only deserve 1 more jumping point than Hines Ward?-no

And someone will probably say "Oh but he's such a good blocker"
    65 Run Block- Thats higher than Tony Richardson arguably the best fullback in the league(Lorenzo Neal is probably better though) and Mike Alstott. He's a good blocker FOR A WIDE RECIEVER, he could never "out-block" a fullback.-No.

44 Pass Block- What?! Why would they even give him any pass blocking? All of the other recievers have like 25 or less, but they give Ward a 44? Shouldn't he be using his 87 elusiveness, 86 jump, 91 acceleration, 89 speed, and 95 hands on pass plays?- No, just another way to raise his overall rating.- bs.

All of his other blocking stats, impact blocking, pass/run block footwork and strength, they are all higher than Tony Richardson as well as many other fullbacks and tight ends. I'll say it again, he's a good blocker for a WIDE RECIEVER, he couldn't "out-block" a fullback or tight end.

Some other stats.

99 Toughness- David Carr has been sacked 205 times in his short career and has never been injured, and he only gets an 84. Steve Hutchinson is only a 56??!Other players with a 99 toughness, Kevin Mawae, Ray Lewis, Steve McNair, and Brett Favre. Sean Taylor is a 92, put those two in the ring, or in an ally somewhere and we'll see who's tougher (and no, Taylor will not bring his guns, real guns that is)- yeah right.

99 Stamina- I assure you there are tons of NFL players in far better condition than Hines Ward, one of which is on his team, Troy Polamalu he sprints sideline to sideline, down after down, series after series, game after game, and he only gets a 95. Ed Reed, TO, Tiki Barber, Troy Brown, and Im sure there are a few others, but all of these guys are clearly better conditioned than Ward. Just another way to boost his overall- absolutely not.

10 Finess moves- How does he have 90 juke, 87 elusiveness, 85 spin, 94 agility, 91 acceleration, and only 10 Finesse Moves, could they be trying to actually make him look bad in one category? I doubt it, probably a mistake in the game- I just don't understand this one.

I think the only number they got right was the one on the back of his jersey. Usually Madden gets these things pretty much 100% right, but I guess they have given into this country's infatuation with the Steelers, or as I like to call it, the "The Steel Nation Lovefest" as well, and I'm just sick of their overrated skill positions. If the Steelers fans and media would finally just give the credit where it is due, their offensive line and linebackers(not Porter though) I'd be happy. I'm just sick of their revoltingly terrible skill players getting all of the credit when an ape could do the same thing, if not better.
    Wow, your dislike really goes in depth! You do have some valid points though, but I'm sure you could go through and do that with a lot of players in the game. Luckily, we can all change these once we get the game.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Hines ward is a good receiver. He consistently gets 1000+ yards seasons, you can count on him in the clutch and is the best blocking WR in the game. The only thing he lacks is top end speed, but he is a great all-around WR.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

They had to boost the ratings for the Steelers since they won the SB. If you play them in single player, they gotta be tougher then the rest. Its EA's way of "beefing" up the SB winners, no matter who they are. I'd like to see the jump Trent Dilfers ratings took on after the Ravens won the SB. I do like Hines Ward though. He's one of the "Good Guys" in the NFL

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast