Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: madden 2007 player ratings leak

I'm certainly not the "Madden God", but I have been playing the game since 1993.

Would that make me the "PP.O Madden Geezer"? (in videogame terms of course.)

I dislike the whole "vision cone" feature, so I turned it off. I'm a bigger fan of the old-school type games.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    I'm certainly not the "Madden God", but I have been playing the game since 1993.

I dislike the whole "vision cone" feature, so I turned it off. I'm a bigger fan of the old-school type games.
    Yah the 'vision cone' thing was/is annoying. If my friend turned it off I would turn it off but I usually just left it on to make it more interesting. I usually run the ball anyhow.

I've been playing Madden for awhile too but it's crazy how much some people are into it.

Thanks Josdin

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I am addicted to the franchise mode. I think I'm playing the year 2014 right now in Madden 06. I don't play it all the time but it's fun building up a team and drafting players, building new stadiums, playing your rookies in the pre-season, training camp...the whole works. Culpepper is still playing for the Vikes but he's really getting old.

I'm certainly no Madden God. I've never lost a game yet in 06 but I'm playing the Pro skill level. (so going undefeated isn't much of an accomplishment)

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

I understand looking at madden ratings to determine players abilities doesnt make much sense (or maybe it does, i dont know), but have you seen julian petersons rating? imagine if he was coveted by the childress regime. he certainly would have elevated our linebackers, and they wouldnt have been seen as the vikings major weakness. (other than by childress)

im just bringing it up because i did not know he was rated as high as he is, i obviously was not considering wether hes as good in real life or if he would have even fitted in the defensive scheme the vikings are running. this thought was just based on the madden rating alone.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

~ I'm with you on that. I too have been playing since Joe Montana Sports talk football & the original Madden on Genesis. I'm not a big fan of the "cone". Personally I liked the NFL2K series of football over Madden, but we have no choice now, do we?

I just hope they fix that stupid bug from 2006 on punt returns; after the punt, all your blockers just stand there and don't block, and let the coverage team blow by them and destroy your punt returner.

You'd better have a lot of room in front of you if you hope to return the punt, if not, call fair catch because you WILL get creamed and fumble 85% of the time.

Once in a great while I get a nice 15yd return, but not often. Ridiculous.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I dunno man, its not fixed in NCAA 07. I think my avg return yards is something like 3.4. I like the new kicking feature being used though. Pull the stick back, then forward for power. Tilt the stick left or right & it will affect the accuracy

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    I just hope they fix that stupid bug from 2006 on punt returns; after the punt, all your blockers just stand there and don't block, and let the coverage team blow by them and destroy your punt returner.

You'd better have a lot of room in front of you if you hope to return the punt, if not, call fair catch because you WILL get creamed and fumble 85% of the time.

Once in a great while I get a nice 15yd return, but not often. Ridiculous.
    I noticed that as well. There are usually like three players from the other team just waiting right next to your guy before he catches the punt. my average is like 6 yards, and thats only about 1 in 5 punts where I actually get to attempt a return.

I just hope they keep Create-A-Team in there (with new logos). I'm one of the few that actually enjoys that feature. I like creating my own teams, uniform designs, stadiums and players to go with them.

Get rid of the Madden Cards though...

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I certainly don't agree with a LOT of those ratings.

Oh well, I'll get the struttdaddy roster updates as soon as he releases one for Madden 07 so I can play the game with ratings that are close to reality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast