Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Madden 2005

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Madden 2005

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    I think this game is awesome....but as italian said there is some flaws with play level.

Is it impossible to throw a deep ball to Moss, on a decent CB, for anyone else. I run play action, and get one-on-one coverages with decent but not great CB's, and they always knock the ball down. That pisses me off. Too easy to run the slant and to hard to run a go against a decent CB.

Still a pretty good game. Wish they would have changed the training camp drills though.

Also, rookies don't progreess very fast at all. Dontarrious was 3rd in rookie D player of the year, and he is still at 77 to start his second year.

gpete13 is offline Starter

Madden 2005

I have to disagree but you can hit Moss with the deep ball, not the same ways as before a qucik press of the button for a deep lob-like bomb. You need to do more of a lead pass bullet, which I found more effective. Say he is going on a streak (streak that arent straight work best, like WR Streaks out of the I back formation), make sure hes infront of the CB give him some time to have some seperation and then hit his button and at the same time press uptowards him on the controller, this will lead him, not give the CB the time to react and jump up like on a bomb or catch up with the pass. Not doing this as often will give you more of a chance of sucess.

As for Rookies after my second superbowl and going 19-0, Thomas is a 92 for me and Henderson had 8 ints and was 93 overall. The rookies will improve if they see some playing time and the team does well. Subs in blow outs, and I try to keep back up players on special teams to get the occasional tackle to help them out and improve.

I think the improvement gets a little too much. Culpepper, Moss, Birk, Kleinsasser are all 99, the rest of my oline is in the 90s, Hovan, Williams, Russel, Chavious are 95, Bennett, Winnfield and Williams are 94. And I take my starters out and get my bench guys some snaps if the game is out of reach late.

Its on all-pro, I've had my blow outs, but also have had a few closer games. I want to move up to All-Madden but most of my leagues are at all-pro and it messes with my play the different kick off speeds.

Del Rio Guest

Madden 2005

Interesting someone was shot and killed over a game of madden :shock:

http://www.indystar.com/articles/6/169942-5916-102.html

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Madden 2005

what a close family......

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Madden 2005

"gpete13" wrote:

Also the weird thing after my first season, durring the mini camp, the Radio show reported that Shocky wasnt reporting to camp that he was busy making a movie. I wonder if he was unavilable to use. Anyway it was still funny. The only thing I dont really care for is the position battles, sometimes a clearly better player doesnt start because of it.
    That happened to me too... only for me bennet skipped TC to play semi-pro basketball! thats messed up...

gpete13 is offline Starter

Madden 2005

Were you able to access him? in year 2 McKenize skipped to play ball in my league.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234