Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden 2005

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Madden 2005

stores like gamestop and EB Games should have it already ... stores like wal*mart and best buy will have it the 12th

as an owner of both ... it depends on what you like ... if you want the sim-football type where you control all aspects of your team [ie owner mode] ... get madden ... if you dig crazy graphics and good presentation with a little bit of an arcade feel ... get ESPN

whatever you do, turn off the commentary for both!! eck

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Madden 2005

Thanks, I'll check them out tomorrow after work.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Madden 2005

I got mine at KB Toys, my buddy got it at Toys R Us.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Madden 2005

Just curious, how many of you old folks, well not old folks but over 30 years old actually have time to play madden and 2k5. I would imagine you would have no time to play video games and the wife would kick your butt if you spent too much time playing.

Just thought i'd ask.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

gpete13 is offline Starter

Madden 2005

HAHAHAHAHAHA, just because your older doesnt mean your dead.

As an old person with old friends across the country, we make time for playing Madden. I myself will be 31 in October have an active Madden game time. With 2004 alone I played over 15 days worth of my year. Were gamers. We grew up playing games and now we might even have more time than some younger people and more money to spend. I work atleast an 8 to 9 hour day day, drive over 2 hours to get to work and 2-3 hours home, but I still sneak in a game or two almost every day. I spend time with my wife, and on the weekends I even have more time. I dont have to worry about homework or reports like younger people or worry too much of an outside social life durring the week. I stay home, out of trouble. I see my friends occasionally on the weekends. I work on my house and get shopping in on the weekend. Still have plenty of time for Madden. Could use some more sleep, but why do that when you can play.
    I dont have children by choice, a little too sticky and time consuming for my tastes.

Through Madden I meet alot of guys just like me, around my age, even older. I made a one friend who is over 35, works full time, is a preecher, married and has two kids. He still loves playing. We met through a online Madden league and chat every now and then. We both look at it the same way. Its better than going out and spending money at the bar or what not and were both home with our families. We still have time to take care of stuff.

For the past four years, my college friends and I get together in February and have our own Madden Bowl tournament. This year will be no different. A bunch of 30+ year old men playing a game we love, drinking beer, talking trash and having fun.

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Madden 2005

madden coming out during summer is a blessing for a high school student like me =)

some interesting notes from my first season:::

i played the first preseason game vs the cardinals ... i was up 23-17 late in the fourth and shaun king was trying to rally for a comeback ... they got close ... to the 16 yard line with like 8 seconds to play before rushen jones intercepted a pass to guess whom?

nate poole

i started another franchise and simulated the whole season ... we went 6-0 before losing to the giants [argh] ... we also lost @ chicago, to seattle, and @ washington

12-4 season with a first round bye ... beat philly in the NFC championship [poor philly] and went on to beat the colts in the super bowl

maybe it's a sign of what's to come

Madden 2005

Sounds good to me!

I simmed most of my ESPN 2k5 season when I rented it. Beat the falcons to get into the SB and demolished the Titians. Birk though retired.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Madden 2005

Just picked up Madden 2005 from the EB Games store. I love the game. I am a little disappointed that the Vikings overall rank wasn't a little higher. The offense-defense was close, but their overall was low. I guess it has to do with the big choke at the end of the season. No matter though, the game is still great and most importantly, the Pack isn't rated much higher than the Vikes and the Raiders just plain suck.

Madden 2005

I dont know how my boss expects me to come to work, with me owning this game. Atleast I took off next week. I am digging it big time.

Madden 2005

Is anyone else playing with the Vikings? Culpepper gets hurt for me almost every game. I run with him sometimes (turn a weird mis que on a hand off for a 60 yard td run, finished the game with over 130 rushing yards), but nothing abnormal. I usually get hurt after throwing the ball.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast