Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Madden 12 Cover Vote

screw the curse. I want ap on the cover. It would piss puker fans off to no end and the only the curse didn't affect brees. still got into the playoffs but they didn't win at all. their whole team sucked. Only reason people think there's a curse is because superstars don't replicate the incredible season they had in order to get on the cover. just doesn't work that way.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1093057
    screw the curse. I want ap on the cover. It would piss puker fans off to no end and the only the curse didn't affect brees. still got into the playoffs but they didn't win at all. their whole team sucked. Only reason people think there's a curse is because superstars don't replicate the incredible season they had in order to get on the cover. just doesn't work that way.
    Losing to the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks in the Wild card game is a W in the curses column in my books.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Thanks for keeping us updated, Culpepper_4717! I appriciate it.

I stumbled across this hilarious article: "Madden 12' cover candidates" By DJ Gallo.

A couple of funny ones:
    The perpetually injured former Colts safety would put the Madden curse to the test. Would a Sanders Madden cover cause him to get hurt even more? Barring spontaneous combustion, that's not really possible. It's more likely the Madden cover would instead have the reverse effect on Sanders and make him indestructible. He'd go from Mr. Glass to Unbreakable.
    Creating the Madden cover requires the dedicated work of a graphic designer using expensive software to manipulate the cover photo. But you don't need any of that for Woodhead. He is the exact size of a video-game box

HEY
    Blog Entries

I don't care about the curse or anything like that. I only want a player on the cover who deserves it. So far, there are eight candidates left:

Aaron Rodgers - Last year's Super Bowl MVP, would be nice if the curse hit him (so I care a little about the curse, arrest me! :P )
    VS
    [strike]Danny Woodhead[/strike] - Didn't have a Cover-deserving season.

Jamaal Charles - Definitely deserving. The runner of 2010 in my opinion.
    VS
    Peyton Hillis - Him and Charles were perhaps my two favorite running backs of last year. They are like night and day, completely opposite, but both super exciting to watch.

Hillis is very deserving, but Charles gets the nod... wait! Scratch that, I hope one of them gets on the cover and I don't care which one. Would love to see both of them like Fitzgerald-Polamalu. Hillis and CHarles would be perfect too because they represent two completely style of running backs.

Adrian Peterson - Don't really want him on the cover this year (want to wait for his special season when he wins us the SB or the rushing tittle)
    VS
    [strike]Drew Brees[/strike] - He was on the cover last year so HELL NO!

Patrick Willis - Best linebacker in my opinion. Plus, a defensive player is due on the cover.
    VS
    [strike]Michael Vick[/strike] - Had a great season, but he has already been on the cover before.

It should be Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, or Patrick Willis, but I'm okay with Rodgers too, but I still think they included too many quarterbacks as candidates. Three of the last four covers have been quarterbacks.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1093059
    Losing to the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks in the Wild card game is a W in the curses column in my books.
    That had nothing to do with brees though. He played good. The saints d was just pathetic with hasselbeck throwing all over them and lynch beast moding their asses. The curse is bs. CJ2K wasn't on the cover and his year was bad compared to his last. If he was on the cover ppl woulda blamed the curse. Fact is, incredible seasons, which are usually required to get on the madden cover, are rarely duplicated in back to back seasons. Curse or no curse, I don't want rodgers on the cover.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

HEY
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1093065
    Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1093059
    That had nothing to do with brees though. He played good. The saints d was just pathetic with hasselbeck throwing all over them and lynch beast moding their asses.
    You could say that maybe the curse was that Drew Brees' defense played bad

I'm not a superstitious person, but having a Vikings player on the Madden cover is like wearing a Packers jersey when watching the Vikings play (which I never did or will as you'll never see me in a Packers jersey) cause it simply gives me a bad feeling. I don't know about you guys, but I know a lot of people (men) who are not superstitious except on game day. Anyone seen Rules of Engagement? The episode where Jeff Bingham is going to watch a playoff game is hilarious and a little bit of truth.

Peterson has already jumped out to a whopping 62 percent to 38 percent lead over Brees in Round 3

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Brees thew 22 Ints...Bad season or him

I want AD to be the one that dismantles the curse once and for all. This way the world will truely see that he is destined to be the GROAT... yes... the GROAT

Round 3 Breakdown

Aaron Rodgers (56%) over Danny Woodhead (44%)
    Peyton Hillis (60%) over Jamaal Charles (40%)
    Adrian Peterson (62%) over Drew Brees (38%)
    Vick (61%) over Willis (39%)

[strike]Round One Mar 21-27[/strike]
    [strike]Round Two Mar 28-Apr 3[/strike]
    [strike]Round Three Apr 4-10[/strike]
    Semifinals Apr 11-17
    Finals Apr 18-26

Click to vote
    l
    l
    l
    v

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sorry, but I"m voting for Peterson, don't care about the curse.

Although I do hope Hillis gets a shot too. Unbiased view though, Rodgers deserves it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast