Re: LT’s Good Guy Routine Tiresome

I was kidding guys ha

Sportspickle.com

Easy enough after that

One Love

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Even something small like a DUI or complaining about a coach in the media would be nice
    ROFL .. not sure what was funnier, the article or those who took it seriously
    ;D
    Those who don't hover over links deserve to be fooled.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Is this a serious article?? My gosh stay the way you are LaDainian!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

It's very serious. About as serious as I am about politics.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

says linebacker Shawne Merriman. “Everyone respects LaDainian, but no one is scared of him. Like with me, people are scared I could suddenly roid-out and hurt someone. LaDainian doesn’t have that going for him.”
    LOL
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    LaDainian Tomlinson’s Sincere Good Guy Routine Starting to Grow Tiresome
    sportspickle.com

The disarming smile. The team-first attitude. The involvement in the community and lack of a criminal record. People are starting to get sick of LaDainian Tomlinson’s tired “nice guy” routine.

[img width=149 height=154]http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume6/2007-0110-tomlinson.jpg[/img]

“He’s never going to become a true superstar if he keeps this up,” says Tom Condon, the running back’s agent. “All you here about him is how great of a player he is and how many touchdowns he scores. Well, that gets boring after a while. LaDainian being a good player is old news and doesn’t create any new headlines. He needs to do something to break the mold and get his name out there more. Even something small like a DUI or complaining about a coach in the media would be nice.

Tomlinson’s teammates agree and say that while they love playing with him, he could use an image adjustment around the league.

“There’s a big difference between respecting a player’s abilities and being legitimately scared of a player,” says linebacker Shawne Merriman. “Everyone respects LaDainian, but no one is scared of him. Like with me, people are scared I could suddenly roid-out and hurt someone. LaDainian doesn’t have that going for him.”

Chargers fans say they wish Tomlinson would act out so they could appreciate them more.

“All he is doing is making us take him for granted,” said longtime season ticket holder Patrick Cruz. “There’s something to be said for having your fans worry that you’re going to be sent away for a few years. He should get in a bar fight or stab a guy or something.”

But Tomlinson says he has no plans to change his image.

“I’m not going to apologize for who I am,” said Tomlinson. “I’m sorry if some people don’t like it. And I really, truly am sorry because I enjoy seeing people smile. But I like the way my life is and I like helping people and being a good teammate. I realize that hurts my marketability, but there are more important things in life.”
    i wish we had this kind of problems with our players. the players that go and get arrested on a regular bases just give football a bad name, and i have no respect for them. i love that about LT he doesn't need to try and be bad off the field to prove he is bad on the field, he just proves with the way he plays. WAY TO GO LT!!!!

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

My bet is when Ray Lewis was facing murder charges the judge was about to say guilty untill he looked at Ray and nearly sh-t himself. I know it's off topic, but he is one big, ripped mofo. I met him at Raven's training camp and his arms are bigger than both my fists combined.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

LT is awesome period its a lot better than the idiot vikings last year.... Smoot, Culpepper, Williams.......

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    LT is awesome period its a lot better than the idiot vikings last year.... Smoot, Culpepper, Williams.......
    Do you work for the Twin Cities media? That's the 3rd or 4th time you've brought up the Vikings off the field problems from the last few years.

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

no this is the first? unless you have information i am forgetting which i doubt considering this is my 2nd day?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast