Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Lord forgive me, I committed sins for our freedom.

Lord forgive me, I committed sins for our freedom.
    Video

That is the decal that an Iraqi war vet from California put on the back window of his truck. A vet who spent 13 months in Iraq as part of the mission to bring down Saddam Hussein.

He is getting a lot of flack for it, which honestly surprises me.
    He says he is proud of being a vet, and would serve his country again in a second.
    But as a Christian he acknowledges that he committed some sins over there.

As both a (pre-Iraqi war) veteran and a Christian, I think it is a very good message. What do you guys and gals think?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Lord forgive me, I committed sins for our freedom.

If you don't know I served my country for 22 years and now my job is to make sure that our young men and women are trained in the art of communications (Voice, Video, Data, Satellite, Terrestrial etc) so I am abreast of things going on over there through my daily interactions with Americans finest.

With that said, I believe all Americans have the right to free speech.

Additionally, I believe, because he is a vet I think he has a right to voice his opinion on what he did during the war, however.......,

I really hate it when anyone gives the liberal right wing press something that they can use to skew the reality of what is really going on over seas.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

I think the moment you make a bumper sticker of your feelings
    the moment you become a target for people who do not share those feelings and you should embrace it. (Not saying he isn't.)

If I truely felt I had commited sins against my god I would work through it with my god. So to publicize that feeling it kind of cheapens it for me. It does come off as an anti-war sentiment imo and I can see why some people could get butt hurt over it.

As far as the message itself. I really do not believe in sin anymore, but if he truely feels that way I would suggest another line of work. It would be hard for me to do something that I felt was against my religion and my gods plan for a living.

All in all more power to him really. I could see both sides of it, but what can you say? The guy was over there he obviously did some things/saw some things, and for someone to come off the street and say hey I don't believe you should have the sticker is just insane. The guy was there for his country. How he feels about that is his own buisiness.

No one can tell him how to feel.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Whatever his sins where, I doubt any of them where bigger than the sins Hussein commited during his life, and no way near as big as Those Basterds who flew the planes into the towers on 911...................War is hell, and sins come along with it.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NaryBim is offline Training Camp

"Marrdro" wrote:
    If you don't know I served my country for 22 years and now my job is to make sure that our young men and women are trained in the art of communications (Voice, Video, Data, Satellite, Terrestrial etc) so I am abreast of things going on over there through my daily interactions with Americans finest.

With that said, I believe all Americans have the right to free speech.

Additionally, I believe, because he is a vet I think he has a right to voice his opinion on what he did during the war, however.......,

I really hate it when anyone gives the liberal right wing press something that they can use to skew the reality of what is really going on over seas.

Freudian?

As far as the vet with the bumper sticker, well... the concepts of Jesus and War are about as opposed as two ideas can be.
    Its no surprise that he, like most who have experienced war, struggles trying to make sense of an essentially insane activity.

"When you have fear, bad things happen."
    C. Fason

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

When I returned from Vietnam I had a jacket with a patch on the shoulder that said, " Vietnam, if you haven't been there shut the fuck up".

Only those who have been through it can really know what it is.

This guy earned his right to his opinion and he risked his life to earn our right to our opinions.

It's an interesting fact that our government can ask us to do things that are illegal in our own society ,and also against our religion and upbringing, then bring us home and expect us to act as if nothing ever happened.

I have some bones to pick with my government from time to time. But I love my country and am proud to have served to the best of my ability in a cause I felt was right at the time.

I'm proud of this veteran and every other veteran that ever sacrificed for our freedoms,and that includes non war veterans. This guy has a right to say what ever he wants.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    When I returned from Vietnam I had a jacket with a patch on the shoulder that said, " Vietnam, if you haven't been there shut the floop up".

This guy earned his right to his opinion and he risked his life to earn our right to our opinions.

It's an interesting fact that our government can ask us to do things that are illegal in our own society ,and also against our religion and upbringing, then bring us home and expect us to act as if nothing ever happened.

I have some bones to pick with my government from time to time. But I love my country and am proud to have served to the best of my ability in a cause I felt was right at the time.

I'm proud of this veteran and every other veteran that ever sacrificed for our freedoms,and that includes non war veterans. This guy has a right to say what ever he wants.
    Thanks for your service........ ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    When I returned from Vietnam I had a jacket with a patch on the shoulder that said, " Vietnam, if you haven't been there shut the floop up".

Thanks for your service........ ;D
    Likewise. And thanks for your posts. There pretty good.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Good for him, I'm grateful for all the men and women that have served this great country.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Wow. First off, I am proud of this young man. Not only for his service to our country, but also for his courage to speak up. Many people do not have that kind of courage and I am just proud of him for speaking up. Oh, I served in the Army for 10 years; Panama and the second Gulf War. And I saw things that I never would have thought that we would do. But again, I am proud of this young man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast