Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: To LOOSE or not to LOOSE, that is the question.

You know I was sitting here thinking to myself, man Fay you really haven't seen a really good elitest thread about grammar in.......oh say about 2 weeks........THEN BOOM YES!!! FINALLY!

Seriously it is the internet, you use emoticons for cripes sake.

I have heard all the arguments about grammar and message boards and for me this is what it comes down to:

If I can understand you good enough for me.
    If I can't stand reading your shit I just pass it by
    Sometimes people who can spell and write well really don't have anything worth reading. Great you can spell but your still an idiot congratulations for pulling that one off.
    Mark Twain couldn't spell worth a shit and I would rather share his company then most people.
    It's the internet some people posting may not even speak english as a first language.

Lastly it has been said a million times by the same four people on every message board, and nothing changes except people start looking even closer to those four peoples posts. More often it turns out they are being hypocrites and manage to fuck up the english language just as much as the next guy.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    lmao, I have no problem looking like a jerk, I often am one. I'm not directing this at any one person, I make tons of mistakes too, that one just bugs me and I felt like making a whiner post today.

Chris Carter.
    This is an especially problemsome one...usually this misspelling originates from a poster who professes that Cris is their favorite Viking (or one of their favorites)...methinks that if he is truly a favorite, then that admiring poster would KNOW how to spell Cris Carter's name correctly...kinda suspends our belief that you really consider Cris one of your all-time favorites when I see that gross injustice to him being committed. Also, think how YOU feel if someone else misspells YOUR name...you might act cool, but it does get under your skin just a little bit...I KNOW it does for me...which is why I always try to make sure that I get people's names correct whenever possible. Not a rant, just sound advice! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to jump on a randomly inserted misspelled 'Chris Carter'.

And another thing, I hate a bunch of other stuff that I'm too lazy to mention.

Del Rio, I thought you were the person that mentioned these message boards are like 'groundhog day'. We just keep saying the same thing over and over and over again in different threads.

Del Rio Guest

Actually if they really liked the way the guy played and they really didn't do the football cards, the posters, the autographs, and all the other random crap that fans throw money at, then it is a good possibility they really never noticed that Cris Carters mom didn't know how to spell.

That is of course until someone on a message board is so disgusted that the person didn't take the time to learn the correct spelling, that they correct them. Often being more obnoxious and rude then the person who didn't spell the word right to begin with.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I agree. It's not that hard. It's not like these offenders are making minor gaffes in a complicated foreign language (although they probably wouldn't even bother going through the unbearable agony of learning how to get people to understand you in OTHER COUNTRIES). These people can't even master THIER OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE. You speak it all the time!!! Get it right, for God's sakes! Are you THAT lazy, or do you have some disorder? The only excuse I can accept for flagrant misspellings and grammar mistakes is a mental disorder (such as dyslexia). No one else has any excuse at all. Learn to speak your own freaking language.

(At the end, click on the beefy arm. Then, click on the CD after each lesson for further educational fun. It will REALLY help you with your grammatical woes).

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to jump on a randomly inserted misspelled 'Chris Carter'.

And another thing, I hate a bunch of other stuff that I'm too lazy to mention.

Del Rio, I thought you were the person that mentioned these message boards are like 'groundhog day'. We just keep saying the same thing over and over and over again in different threads.
    They are.

That's why I was thinking it was about time someone posted something like this.

Give it two more weeks and someone else will break down and make one similar. I think it builds up. The stres frum seeing so menee wurds mispelled. Pretty soon the sweat starts beading up and they just can't take it anymore.

Prophet Guest

lmao, it's called kicking the dog syndrome. I just had a shitty encounter with a loser that works for me and they handed in a pathetic excuse of a paper. I signed onto PP.O and saw 'looser' a few times and cracked. Next time I think I'll go and randomly shoot some people with my new stun gun instead.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Time for me to make an jiggly butt of myself whining about the use of loose for lose.

Does anyone else find it extremely annoying when people use the word LOOSE when they mean LOSE? It happens all the time. Please stop with this blatant disregard for the English language before I loose my mind! :beathorse:
    Yeah, it's just bothersome! It's like homonyms....too, to, and two....there, their and they're...people just don't know how to use them! We need better English teachers!

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    lmao, it's called kicking the dog syndrome. I just had a poohie encounter with a loser that works for me and they handed in a pathetic excuse of a paper. I signed onto PP.O and saw 'looser' a few times and cracked. Next time I think I'll go and randomly shoot some people with my new stun gun instead.
    Instead of shooting other people, just hook the stun gun up to your nips fire it up and that will cool you down. :grin:

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

In the age of spell checkers there is no reason for poor spelling. :razz:
    I usually proof read my post after I submit it. If I see an error I use the edit button to correct it. Maybe some of those post whores in their zeal to get their 40 posts per day are just too busy posting to try and look literate. After all its about numbers isn't it. :razz: :lol:
    When I see a poorly spelled post I usually think :roll: "another 15 yr old giving testament to the failure of public education".
    :razz: :wink: :smile:

WWBGD

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast