Navycoach is offline Starter

Looking for a new fitness program

Hey all! Now that I've been cleared to start working out again after a nasty Bursitis bout with my right leg, I'm looking for a good workout program. Please keep in mind that I will be playing football again in about 3 months. All through High School (about 10 years ago now) I was using the BFS program. I'm thinking about going back to it but wanted to get input from some of you. If you could, please include a website or somthing if you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance all!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Looking for a new fitness program

http://www.truemuscle.com/vb/

Its ok.

The steroid section is huge! I used to read stuff there a lot and had a ton of offers for roids. But, it has good info other than that.

Heh, not really looking for mass right now, and definitly not steroids. That would be kind of difficult with me in the military and all. But, yeah there is some decent info on that site. Thanks Ultra. Just a couple of side notes. I'll be playing QB in the upcomming season, so I'm looking for somthing to get back my arm strength and running speed as well as endurance. 9 months of not being able to work out has really taken it out of me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Navycoach" wrote:
    Heh, not really looking for mass right now, and definitly not steroids. That would be kind of difficult with me in the military and all. But, yeah there is some decent info on that site. Thanks Ultra. Just a couple of side notes. I'll be playing QB in the upcomming season, so I'm looking for somthing to get back my arm strength and running speed as well as endurance. 9 months of not being able to work out has really taken it out of me.
    Try throwing from one knee (put your right knee down if right handed, left knee if left handed)...this will force you to twist your torso properly while throwing and force you to work your upper throwing muscles without relying on your lower body to generate force in your throws.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Come work for me this spring and summer, I'll woop you into shape, ala natural....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

HA! Not sure how da wife would feel about that. Seeing as how you're in CT and I'm in WA. Not sure how my team would feel about it either as our season runs from May to December.

Del Rio Guest

There is an amazing resistence program out there that rotates between resistance training and klieometrics (sp?).

I'll try to get the name and a site.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I was going to recommend the BFS program, but since you already were on that you know about it.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

'Roids work wonders. They'll give you everything you'll want & need for your short term success. You'll be cocky and feel like you own the world.

But before you know it . . . your playing days will be over and reality will set it. You'll want to settle down, get a "real" job, and start a family.

All the benefits of steriods will drift away and your accomplishments will become memories on the den wall.

The big question will be . . . Am I gonna pay for this short term gain . . . FOR . . . THE . . . REST . . . OF . . . MY . . . LIFE?

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I wouldn't go down the steriods road, but I guess that's a personal decision.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!