Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOOKING

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: LOOKING

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=capt.hrod link=topic=44766.msg775942#msg775942 date=1210175398]
    I'm looking for a 1965 goat to buy and restore if any one can point me in a direction for a hook up ? 8)
    Your .sig file is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big.

=Z=
    I would not say it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big...only double.
    Some here have 5x the limit.
    That's because he fixed it.

When I put "wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big", it was twice the size, almost as if there were 2 .sig files on top of each other.
    He fixed that.

=Z=
    It's you.
    At 4am it was the same size as it is now.
    If Zeus and Singer want to play policeman, then they should volunteer to be mods...if not, then leave it to the REAL mods to police the site.
    BTW, Ultra...my hat is off to you for the PHENOMENAL JOB that you do in that capacity.
    Keep up the good work!
    [/quote]
    Hip Hip Hoooray.
    I agree.

Even though Ultra seems to keep things running pretty smoothly, with the help of the other mods of course, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of additional Modness being attributed to the Ole Newshound.
    He would be able to assist Ultra with respect to merging dupe news article threads.

Just a comment.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Help out is "discreetly calling it to his attention"....playing policeman is "making some snarky remark on the duplicate thread and posting the link to the other site".
    Let the mods do that part...and just report it like it is supposed to be done.

You will all note that the derogatory "MVC Cheerleader" thread got deleted...via discreet request, Webby was made aware of the "problem" and it was taken care of.

My point here is this:
    I don't want to see any more members go the way of COJOMAY on such a pissy issue.
    There is no need to be overly protective of one's threads.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=44766.msg775947#msg775947 date=1210175972]
    I'm looking for a 1965 goat to buy and restore if any one can point me in a direction for a hook up ? 8)

=Z=
    I would not say it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big...only double.

When I put "wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big", it was twice the size, almost as if there were 2 .sig files on top of each other.
    He fixed that.

=Z=
    It's you.
    If Zeus and Singer want to play policeman, then they should volunteer to be mods...if not, then leave it to the REAL mods to police the site.
    BTW, Ultra...my hat is off to you for the PHENOMENAL JOB that you do in that capacity.
    Keep up the good work!
    [/quote]
    Hip Hip Hoooray.
    I agree.

Even though Ultra seems to keep things running pretty smoothly, with the help of the other mods of course, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of additional Modness being attributed to the Ole Newshound.
    He would be able to assist Ultra with respect to merging dupe news article threads.

Just a comment.
    [/quote]

Then let him become a MOD...instead of just whining.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

=Z=

He fixed that.

=Z=
    It's you.
    Keep up the good work!
    [/quote]
    Hip Hip Hoooray.
    I agree.

Just a comment.
    [/quote]

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=44152.0

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=44766.msg776030#msg776030 date=1210188097]

=Z=

He fixed that.

=Z=
    It's you.
    Keep up the good work!
    [/quote]
    Hip Hip Hoooray.
    I agree.

Just a comment.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

It isn't whinning. It's pointing it out not only to all mods, but to the posters as well. Ultra isn't on 24/7 & I don't want to send PM's to every single mod. Plus the members can see that it is a duplicate thread & should post in the first one the link is supplied for, rather than add a post to the duplicate thread that may simply be locked instead of merged.

I do it to any thread I come across that I see is duplicated regardless of who initiated the first one.

Again, if people would simply use the SEARCH feature, the problem would be minimal.

By the way, I only use the "snarky remarks" for turd burglars.
    :P

"Already posted" is not snarky.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Help out is "discreetly calling it to his attention"....playing policeman is "making some snarky remark on the duplicate thread and posting the link to the other site".
    Let the mods do that part...and just report it like it is supposed to be done.

You will all note that the derogatory "MVC Cheerleader" thread got deleted...via discreet request, Webby was made aware of the "problem" and it was taken care of.

My point here is this:
    I don't want to see any more members go the way of COJOMAY on such a pissy issue.
    There is no need to be overly protective of one's threads.
    Very good point my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=44766.msg776050#msg776050 date=1210191402]
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=44766.msg776030#msg776030 date=1210188097]

=Z=

He fixed that.

=Z=
    It's you.
    Keep up the good work!
    [/quote]
    Hip Hip Hoooray.
    I agree.

Just a comment.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

It isn't whinning. It's pointing it out not only to all mods, but to the posters as well. Ultra isn't on 24/7 & I don't want to send PM's to every single mod. Plus the members can see that it is a duplicate thread & should post in the first one the link is supplied for, rather than add a post to the duplicate thread that may simply be locked instead of merged.

I do it to any thread I come across that I see is duplicated regardless of who initiated the first one.

Again, if people would simply use the SEARCH feature, the problem would be minimal.

By the way, I only use the "snarky remarks" for turd burglars.
    :P

"Already posted" is not snarky.

[/quote]

Well, you got the rules down pat...now all you need to do is ask Webby to be a Mod.

Hell, I'll ask him for you.

capt.hrod is offline Starter

I fixed my sig right away, didnt mean to cause a shake up, I was only looking for a car to restore for my daughter.

NOW IS THE TIME TO BRING HOME THE RING !!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"capt.hrod" wrote:
    I fixed my sig right away, didnt mean to cause a shake up, I was only looking for a car to restore for my daughter.
    No problem. Here's yours that meets the required size....

If you right click on the sigs, it displays the file size. It should be about 20K

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"capt.hrod" wrote:
    Ingore the obvious political infighting going on for what appears to be a desire/need for power.
    (JK
    ;D)

Seriously though, no worries or a need to apologize my friend.
    If you make a mistake (no matter how small) someone will point it out.
    Trust me, they aren't trying to be mean, some people are just that way.

Stick around and have some fun.
    ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast