Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/04/AR2007060401875.html
    The logo's design, which cost more than $800,000 to produce, is a chunky, graffiti-style depiction of the number "20" stacked above the number "12," looking a bit like a jagged piece of popcorn, incorporating the Olympic rings and the word "London" in lowercase letters. It was displayed Monday in vivid blue, green, orange and pink versions, each with a bright yellow outline, which organizers said was meant to appeal especially to young people.
    $800k?!?!?
    Holy crap.
    Do you know what my company could have done for $800k?

And it took this article for me to realize that it is supposed to be a 20 on top of a 12.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/04/AR2007060401875.html
    The logo's design, which cost more than $800,000 to produce, is a chunky, graffiti-style depiction of the number "20" stacked above the number "12," looking a bit like a jagged piece of popcorn, incorporating the Olympic rings and the word "London" in lowercase letters. It was displayed Monday in vivid blue, green, orange and pink versions, each with a bright yellow outline, which organizers said was meant to appeal especially to young people.
    $800k?!?!?
    Holy crap.

And it took this article for me to realize that it is supposed to be a 20 on top of a 12.
    As I said from the get go:

"The" wrote:
    Awesome.

People get paid to do this. More than you do.
    And what really boggles the mind is how they chose that piece of crap when they had narrowed it down to these choices, any one of which would have been far better:

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Ewwww. It's so.........Walker Art Center.
    Clearly a 'do-over'.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"The" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    $800k?!?!?
    Holy crap.

As I said from the get go:

"The" wrote:
    Awesome.

People get paid to do this. More than you do.
    And what really boggles the mind is how they chose that piece of crap when they had narrowed it down to these choices, any one of which would have been far better:

The sad part is that crap like this is exactly what my company gets paid to do.

I really like the design in the lower left.
    They should have gone with that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234