Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "spunk_goblin" wrote:
    Why can't the English ever get anything right?
    :
    We get plenty right... just not in this case ..lol
    Such as......?
    Certainly not Posh Spice, Amy Winehouse, English cuisine, weather, dental work, international soccer success, relevance in the EU and cucumber sandwiches.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "spunk_goblin" wrote:
    Why can't the English ever get anything right?
    :
    We get plenty right... just not in this case ..lol
    Such as......?
    Certainly not Posh Spice, Amy Winehouse, English cuisine, weather, dental work, international soccer success, relevance in the EU and cucumber sandwiches.

    =Z=
    Monty Python.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    Wow.
    It looks like someone getting a BJ to me.
    the guy is on the left...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "spunk_goblin" wrote:
    Why can't the English ever get anything right?
    :
    We get plenty right... just not in this case ..lol
    Such as......?
    Certainly not Posh Spice, Amy Winehouse, English cuisine, weather, dental work, international soccer success, relevance in the EU and cucumber sandwiches.
    Monty Python.
    The true brilliance behind Monty Python lies with Terry Gilliam, the lone American in the troupe, everyone knows this.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Wow.
    It looks like someone getting a BJ to me.
    the guy is on the left...
    Holy crap.
    Now that you've said it, I see it plain as day.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Wow.
    It looks like someone getting a BJ to me.
    the guy is on the left...
    Holy crap.
    Now that you've said it, I see it plain as day.

    =Z=
    A little to freudian for me. I guess you see what you wanna see.

  7. #17
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "spunk_goblin" wrote:
    Why can't the English ever get anything right?
    :
    We get plenty right... just not in this case ..lol
    Such as......?
    Certainly not Posh Spice , Amy Winehouse, English cuisine, weather, dental work, international soccer success, relevance in the EU and cucumber sandwiches.

    =Z=
    Certainly not Posh Spice ( agreed )
    Amy Winehouse ( agreed )
    English cuisine ( coming from a nation whose contribution to cuisine is MacDonalds, Applebees & Taco Bell - I'll ignore that comment )
    weather ( what you get used to, but I'm ok with what we have )
    dental work ( well dental I've had works ok. Maybe your dental work needs industrial assistance, but only you'd know that )
    international soccer success ( last time I looked we've a better record, but surprised you're interested in soccer..... you must be getting missing the vikes OTA's already)
    relevance in the EU ( enough to be a thorn in their sides which is what we're there for )
    cucumber sandwiches ( can't beat them on a nice summers day. They go nicely with a pot of tea and cakes)

    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Certainly not Posh Spice ( agreed )
    Amy Winehouse ( agreed )
    English cuisine ( coming from a nation whose contribution to cuisine is MacDonalds, Applebees & Taco Bell - I'll ignore that comment )
    weather ( what you get used to, but I'm ok with what we have )
    dental work ( well dental I've had works ok. Maybe your dental work needs industrial assistance, but only you'd know that )
    international soccer success ( last time I looked we've a better record, but surprised you're interested in soccer..... you must be getting missing the vikes OTA's already)
    relevance in the EU ( enough to be a thorn in their sides which is what we're there for )
    cucumber sandwiches ( can't beat them on a nice summers day. They go nicely with a pot of tea and cakes)
    English cuisine:
    when your major contribution to world culture is "Shepherd's Pie", you should not throw stones at the nation which pioneered convenience dining.

    Weather:
    Does a day go by when it doesn't rain in England?

    Dental:
    There's a standard American belief that the English have crappy teeth.
    Hence, Mike Myers as Austin Powers and his horrible teeth.
    A dental plan is part of most standard benefit packages in the US.
    Is that the same as in the UK?

    International soccer success:
    Did our entire nation mourn when the USA bowed out of the World Cup in the first round?
    They probably yawned (although *I* watched every single US game, and a helluva lot of the other ones - the World Cup rocks) and said "What?"
    OTOH, when Cristiano Ronaldo got Wayne Rooney tossed from their game (that was in the quarters, right?), ALL of England cried and yelled and gnashed their teeth.
    Hell, I remember the speculation that ManU would have to send him someplace because they feared for his safety!

    And cold cucumber sandwiches are nasty no matter what kind of day it is.

    *shudder*



    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    It looks like a puzzle preschoolers put together.
    So I guess the mascot will be an Elmer's glue bottle.
    I've seen all sorts of ideas about this, from looking like a window that has had a football kicked through it .. to it looking like someone crouching down for a dump .. lol
    To me, the right half looks like a girl with long hair on her knees, and the left looks lik someone standing up in front of her. that little middle thing could be the girl's hand or his bloody wanker


    ***edit*** I had only read the first page when i posted this, sorry.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  10. #20
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: London 2012 Olympic symbol unveiled...

    HEY! Applebee's 1/2 off appetizers can't be beat.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. London 2012 ticket schedule released
    By AngloVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:11 AM
  2. Amazing 'sailboat' stadium design unveiled
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 10:34 PM
  3. Tupac statue unveiled in Atlanta
    By TATEone in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 09-24-2005, 04:35 PM
  4. London 2012
    By AngloVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 03:16 AM
  5. National Choking Symbol
    By in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 04:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •