Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Locked thread?

BirdHunter is offline Starter

Re: Locked thread?

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    I agree that sometimes the mods abuse there power in here, but what can we do, nothing. I hope I dont get censored now for saying that or get my post removed,LOL it would not surprise me.
    purpleFavreEaters, I completely agree with you. It seems to be happening more and more here. It seems that the MODs have there favorites, and they give them more slack. If the mods want to keep the site perfect, they need to have a more clear set of rules and enforce them fairly. IMO
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BirdHunter" wrote:
    I agree that sometimes the mods abuse there power in here, but what can we do, nothing. I hope I dont get censored now for saying that or get my post removed,LOL it would not surprise me.
    purpleFavreEaters, I completely agree with you. It seems to be happening more and more here. It seems that the MODs have there favorites, and they give them more slack. If the mods want to keep the site perfect, they need to have a more clear set of rules. IMO
    You have only been a member for 3 weeks. How can you make that statement.

A lot of threads are being locked or moved because there have been a rash of duplicate threads started, people postig in the wrong forums & threads started that should be in other applicable threads.

No one is playing favorites. People aren't taking the time to see if an article has already been posted or if a thread already exists where their comments would be best suited.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I have to stick up for the Mods on this one.

I respect your opinions PFE, I have SOME political opinions myself. I believe in freedom of speach also.

I know one thing Religion and Politics will get heated faster than any other topic anywhere, on a site or in person. Almost every thread on here that gets politics involved usually(not always but 99.9%) turns into a few people giving there heated pasionate opinion to the point of being rude and disturbing. I am not implying anything negative about anyone. I am just making a pointed at how intense peoples opinions are about politics.

BirdHunter is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:
    "BirdHunter" wrote:
    purpleFavreEaters, I completely agree with you. It seems to be happening more and more here. It seems that the MODs have there favorites, and they give them more slack. If the mods want to keep the site perfect, they need to have a more clear set of rules. IMO
    You have only been a member for 3 weeks. How can you make that statement.
    A lot of threads are being locked or moved because there have been a rash of duplicate threads started, people postig in the wrong forums & threads started that should be in other applicable threads.

No one is playing favorites. People aren't taking the time to see if an article has already been posted or if a thread already exists where their comments would be best suited.
    3 Weeks? Its been only a couple of months, but I've been a visitor for alot longer. All I'm saying is that since the end of the season, and with the addition of the "Two Beers" forum, the rules have been open to interpertation. The interpertation seems to be enforced different depending on who the member is.
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

[quote="snowinapril"]I have to stick up for the Mods on this one.

:lol: :roll:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I have to stick up for the Mods on this one.

:lol: :roll:
    In this case, it is not fair to cut up my quote like that, it is taken out of context.

"BirdHunter" wrote:
    I was only refereing to the political aspect of conversation on this site. Not to individual interpretaion of the rules. I don't know or keep track of who gets there post locked or reprimanded. I am not a mod and I don't care to pay atention to that.

I am just saying politics opens a can of worms, and it has been a no no from the time the Alaska Oil and the Energy Crisis threads popped up, possibly before that.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"BirdHunter" wrote:
    purpleFavreEaters, I completely agree with you. It seems to be happening more and more here. It seems that the MODs have there favorites, and they give them more slack. If the mods want to keep the site perfect, they need to have a more clear set of rules and enforce them fairly. IMO
    The only people that say that tend to be the gross violators of their own measure. We are one of the most hands off groups out there if you simply follow the general rules of decorum. Posting videos of guys pulling out their peckers is not okay, and then sure, we watch someone who pulls a stupid for awhile until we know its not going to be a pattern.

Politics, I have said time and again, is NOT allowed in general. Look at your attitude here. Thats all the proof I need to continue to rule out politics and religion as debate points here.

I don't need to post every SINGLE possible "not a bright idea" things. If I followed your nitpicking, PFE or birdhunter, it would be full of obvious things. Its not hard just to observe and understand quickly that we are an open and friendly community with what is generally acceptable or not.

I will repeat again: respect. Golden rule. Respect other members, respect the mods. You could have brought your issue to my attention or theirs privately too, but you chose to make general broad statements which are never good pillars in an argument. Quite frankly, your childish references to Nazis etc, simply demonstrates your lack of tact and maturity. Just like those referenced locked threads.

The other rule, repeated over and over: if it can be published in Maxim, it can go here. That's it, Birdhunter. That's not open to interpretation and posting the crap you have that got removed, well, that shouldn't be a surprise. It wasn't even close.

People really, really bother me when they spout off without having done the adult thing and addressed their issue with the person it is with, or me as the overseer of the site.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

In reading this thread I can see that some people seem to think that forums are a democracy. They are not. They are dictatorships. I run a small forum and I try to be accommodating but in the end its my way or the hiway. That's just how forums are. You don't like the way a forum is run, start your own. In general I think considering the volume of posts in here that the Mods and Webby do a great job. I disagree sometimes with a certain thread being locked, but so what. Its not the end of the world. There will never be a set of forum rules that will address every post. Its a subjective call by the Mods. I think the Mods here do a good job of not letting their personal preferences get in the way. :wink:

WWBGD

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

I also believe in free speech, just like I believe in the right to bear arms. This does not mean that you can carry a gun somewhere the property owner does not allow it. "Purplepride.org" is owned by Webby, follow his rules. Its not rocket science...

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"ryanmurphy" wrote:
    I also believe in free speech, just like I believe in the right to bear arms. This does not mean that you can carry a gun somewhere the property owner does not allow it. "Purplepride.org" is owned by Webby, follow his rules. Its not rocket science...
    Thank you - good point.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast