Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Liriano got screwed AGAIN!!!

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    I like Pierzinski and thought he deserved to be an all-star. Not over Liriano, but he deserved a spot. The real problem is the east coast fans flooding the votes for Yankees and Red Sox. Varitek has NO business in this game over Mauer and AJ. Ozzie surprised me by not taking AJ to begin with but I guess its abnormal to have three catchers on the All-Star team. Baseball is doing itself a huge injustice by not having Liriano there. They should be promoting the he11 out of the kid and this would be a great place to start. He will be a star for many years. AJ will bring some excitement to the game but they might regret not having Liriano there.

Fan voting is a joke but sadly it might be the better than any alternative. The main problem that needs to be foxed is having at least one guy from each team. How can anyone justify Mark Redmond being on the squad, especially with Liriano being left off. F#%& Kansas City. If nobody is good enough from their team to be an all-star, they shouldn't have anybody. Do they really think that everyone from KC will now tune in to watch the all-star game just in case Redmond gets in? That rule is pathetic and its MLB's loss.

ummm.....Varitek DIDN'T make it.

Name ONE player on either the Yankees or Sox that got voted in that DIDN'T deserve to start..........
    Giambi didn't make it either.

If you wanna complain about the east coast fans, why don't you talk about the Mets, they have 6 players in. The Yankees have 4, and the Red Sox have 5. However, it should be 4 because Mark Loretta shouldn't be in.

If you ask me, it should be all player and coaches votes, no people involved.
    if Loretta doesn't deserve to start then name someone who does

How do ya like them apples?!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Brian Roberts, Tadahito Iguchi, or Ronnie Belliard, I'd put Cano there too, but he's on the DL.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    I like Pierzinski and thought he deserved to be an all-star. Not over Liriano, but he deserved a spot. The real problem is the east coast fans flooding the votes for Yankees and Red Sox. Varitek has NO business in this game over Mauer and AJ. Ozzie surprised me by not taking AJ to begin with but I guess its abnormal to have three catchers on the All-Star team. Baseball is doing itself a huge injustice by not having Liriano there. They should be promoting the he11 out of the kid and this would be a great place to start. He will be a star for many years. AJ will bring some excitement to the game but they might regret not having Liriano there.

Fan voting is a joke but sadly it might be the better than any alternative. The main problem that needs to be foxed is having at least one guy from each team. How can anyone justify Mark Redmond being on the squad, especially with Liriano being left off. F#%& Kansas City. If nobody is good enough from their team to be an all-star, they shouldn't have anybody. Do they really think that everyone from KC will now tune in to watch the all-star game just in case Redmond gets in? That rule is pathetic and its MLB's loss.

ummm.....Varitek DIDN'T make it.

Name ONE player on either the Yankees or Sox that got voted in that DIDN'T deserve to start..........
    You're right and I worded that very poorly. I apologize. I guess I'll go in a different direction to try to make this point. The fans voted more for Varitek than Mauer and AJ, which is crap.

Its splitting hairs because they are so close but I'd put Thome over Ortiz. My problem is that even if Thome was ahead in every category, I'm confident Ortiz would be the starter

[color=red]

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I wanted Barry Bonds to enter the home room derby.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jaymz7" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Maybe they can still put him on the roster if Manny Ramirez doesn't play like he is hinting...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar06/news/story?id=2511542

You guys didn't vote enough to put Liriano in!!! :roll:
    Sorry Ozzie has already said if any spot opens up he was bringing Joe Crede.
    I heard that it was Magglio Ordonez that was gonna get picked to replace Manny Ramirez.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    hey, if Liriano got screwed, then Verlander got screwed some too. They're BOTH the top rookie pitchers.
    top rookie pitchers? hell liriano is the best PITCHER all together in the majors right now
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    Brian Roberts, Tadahito Iguchi, or Ronnie Belliard, I'd put Cano there too, but he's on the DL.
    Loretta has better stats then all of them and plays on a first place team, which none of the others do

How do ya like them apples?!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    hey, if Liriano got screwed, then Verlander got screwed some too. They're BOTH the top rookie pitchers.
    top rookie pitchers? hell liriano is the best PITCHER all together in the majors right now

Yah, wow.. Verlander has alot of run support.. Not saying he isn't a good pitcher.. But Liriano's only lose came off of 2 runs I believe.. 9-1.. 1.99 ERA.. and isn't he like 5th in the A.L in strike outs??

Pierzynski I hear has like 6 HR's and like 31 RBI's only.. COME ON!!

Should be like this IMO

Liriano, Hafner, Verlander, And then Pierzynski for that last spot!

One Love

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"LAVike" wrote:
    "jaymz7" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Maybe they can still put him on the roster if Manny Ramirez doesn't play like he is hinting...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar06/news/story?id=2511542

You guys didn't vote enough to put Liriano in!!! :roll:
    Sorry Ozzie has already said if any spot opens up he was bringing Joe Crede.
    Exactly what I heard. Ozzie is a tool. When he starts speaking (if you can even call it English) I want to gouge my eyes out. Apparently he wants the entire White Sox team to play--hardly an All-Star game, especially when half those players don't deserve to be there. There's got to be a better way to select All-Stars. At least that bastard won't be managing the next All-Star game.
    I HATE OZZIE!!!!

Before the all-star selections came out, he said he was going to put Juan Uribe on the All-Star team before Derek Jeter. So now he got Jermaine Dye, I repeat Jermaine Dye into the Home Run Derby becasue Ozzie thinks he's a pwer hitter....He got A.J. Perizynski into it instead of the best pitcher in the majors in Fransico Liarino.

People here in Chi-Town are getting sick of him because he makes no sense at all even when he talks.

Thank you Josdin for the sig

BirdHunter is offline Starter

It has just been announced Liriano is in!! Liriano was informed today that he would be replacing injured Chicago White Sox pitcher Jose Contreras at the All-Star game.
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast