Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Liriano got screwed AGAIN!!!

Maybe they can still put him on the roster if Manny Ramirez doesn't play like he is hinting...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar06/news/story?id=2511542

You guys didn't vote enough to put Liriano in!!! :roll:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Re: Liriano got screwed AGAIN!!!

I hate Mr. Pierzinski. The all-star game is boring anyway.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

awww man! he beat out Verlander! but that's all right cuz we got Pudge starting! :wink: (although I will freely admit that Mauer also earned a start.) also read that Guillen may start Kenny. Alright!
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

good..we all have seen how well he plays when hes out to prove something..he was snubbed as a starter this season, and then showed gardenhire and the staff what a huge mistake they had made..now just imagine what he will do to hitters now that he got snubbed for the allstar game..AL CY Young candidate
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I like Pierzinski and thought he deserved to be an all-star. Not over Liriano, but he deserved a spot. The real problem is the east coast fans flooding the votes for Yankees and Red Sox. Varitek has NO business in this game over Mauer and AJ. Ozzie surprised me by not taking AJ to begin with but I guess its abnormal to have three catchers on the All-Star team. Baseball is doing itself a huge injustice by not having Liriano there. They should be promoting the he11 out of the kid and this would be a great place to start. He will be a star for many years. AJ will bring some excitement to the game but they might regret not having Liriano there.

Fan voting is a joke but sadly it might be the better than any alternative. The main problem that needs to be foxed is having at least one guy from each team. How can anyone justify Mark Redmond being on the squad, especially with Liriano being left off. F#%& Kansas City. If nobody is good enough from their team to be an all-star, they shouldn't have anybody. Do they really think that everyone from KC will now tune in to watch the all-star game just in case Redmond gets in? That rule is pathetic and its MLB's loss.

[color=red]

hey, if Liriano got screwed, then Verlander got screwed some too. They're BOTH the top rookie pitchers.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Aw, crap! I thought he was winning! I voted for him a buttload of times...maybe I should have voted for him even more...stayed up late 'n' crap. Did you hear about the "Punch A.J." campaign they did in Chicago? I'd like to do that. Where do I sign up?

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

"MensaTice" wrote:
    I like Pierzinski and thought he deserved to be an all-star. Not over Liriano, but he deserved a spot. The real problem is the east coast fans flooding the votes for Yankees and Red Sox. Varitek has NO business in this game over Mauer and AJ. Ozzie surprised me by not taking AJ to begin with but I guess its abnormal to have three catchers on the All-Star team. Baseball is doing itself a huge injustice by not having Liriano there. They should be promoting the he11 out of the kid and this would be a great place to start. He will be a star for many years. AJ will bring some excitement to the game but they might regret not having Liriano there.

Fan voting is a joke but sadly it might be the better than any alternative. The main problem that needs to be foxed is having at least one guy from each team. How can anyone justify Mark Redmond being on the squad, especially with Liriano being left off. F#%& Kansas City. If nobody is good enough from their team to be an all-star, they shouldn't have anybody. Do they really think that everyone from KC will now tune in to watch the all-star game just in case Redmond gets in? That rule is pathetic and its MLB's loss.
    I agree about Varitek...but what Yankee doesn't deserve to be in? If anything, both Mussina and Giambi got screwed BECAUSE they are Yankees! They are both having very good, if not great, seasons. Jeter, ARod, Rivera and Cano definitely deserved to be in...and the case could be made that Posada also deserved some consideration!

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    hey, if Liriano got screwed, then Verlander got screwed some too. They're BOTH the top rookie pitchers.
    Yeah...but most of us don't give a crap about the Tigers and Verlander! :evil4:

Brandon is offline Waterboy

Mauer got screwed out to he should definitally be the starting catcher batting .391 and leading the majors should get you to start

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast