Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light Beer?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Light Beer?

So I noticed that a lot of people on this site seem to prefer light beer to other kinds, and for the life of me, I can't understand why.
    Can any American members please share their insight into why they prefer light beer to normal strength?
    From what it seems, it is a fairly American phenomenon, as not many people here in Canada drink light beer, and I don't see light beer really marketed much in other countries.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Light Beer?

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    So I noticed that a lot of people on this site seem to prefer light beer to other kinds, and for the life of me, I can't understand why.
    Can any American members please share their insight into why they prefer light beer to normal strength?
    From what it seems, it is a fairly American phenomenon, as not many people here in Canada drink beer, and I don't see light beer really marketed much in other countries.
    Rat piss, that's all it is.

I saw this moronic commercial from Bud Light that talked about how you "can't hide imperfections" in light beer since you can see through it.
    Almost put my head through the T.V.

I for one will dance on the burning ashes of Bud and other Macro brewers the day people realize they are drinking awful tasting water.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    From what it seems, it is a fairly American phenomenon, as not many people here in Canada drink beer, and I don't see light beer really marketed much in other countries.
    my reasoning is im just gettin used to beer, i used to hate it, and then i started drinking light beer, i dunno why
    but we do have our "rich" nights where we go get some sam adams or heinys or labbatt

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    i hate light beer.

A lot of people like light beer because its less filling so you can drink a fuck ton of it.
    Thats what i used to drink when i first started drinking beer and didn't really like the taste of it all that much.. light beer is now pretty much water too me, no flavor.
    Plus i sadly had to switch over when i could drink an entire case of bud light in one night and go to bed out of choice, lol.
    So i switched over.
    I love it now, altho i'm still not nasty enough like Marr and them to go with the Beast or any other Ice beers

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I'm as confused as you are, mate. I've been drinking beer since I was at least 15, and even then I had the good taste not to drink shit beer unless there was literally nothing else to be had. Now I work for a craft brewing company, so I'm far from any closer to figuring out why people choose to drink this crap.

However, I will say that it's not just Americans. There are some godawful beers from SE Asia, South America, Australia, and southern Europe. Many of these are light beers or worse.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    my reasoning is im just gettin used to beer, i used to hate it, and then i started drinking light beer, i dunno why
    but we do have our "rich" nights where we go get some sam adams or heinys or labbatt
    That's funny you think Labatt is fancy. Everybody and their mom drinks Labatt Blue in ontario.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    That's funny you think Labatt is fancy. Everybody and their mom drinks Labatt Blue in ontario.
    its not "fancy" its just more expensive since its imported, which is why some people think its good.

Not a fan.

Then again I also hate Pabst Blue Ribbon.... yuck

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    no not fancy
    but expensive
    we drink natty light ok
    the cheapest beer out there
    we are happy when its miller sitting in front of us

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I hate Labatt Blue, but apparently it's pretty popular out east?
    Almost as bad as Molson Canadian.
    I tend to prefer Western beers like Kokanee or Big Rock, or Wildcat Strong when I'm going camping (for traditions sake)

I tried my first light beer about 2 years after I started drinking beer at a Seahawks game, and I couldn't taste anything
    ;D

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I hate Labatt Blue, but apparently it's pretty popular out east?
    Almost as bad as Molson Canadian.
    I tend to prefer Western beers like Kokanee or Big Rock, or Wildcat Strong when I'm going camping (for traditions sake)
    my fav is magic hat
    not too common, its a microbrew
    oh and OE, but thats really not beer its "malt liquor"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast