Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Let's be bigger then the competition

First thing that I am going to say is, I am not going to respond to anything that anyone posts on this thread, I just feel it has to be said.

I for one watch the television and I am completely saddened and feel terribly helpless about the situation in Miss, Louis, and Ala. I for one do not care who was there or not, or why they were there, the result is still the same, there are folks dead and more dying. It is not a situation that anyone would wish upon anyone, it is a complete disaster.

I think that we as Viking fans have to forget about our football feelings and really take a step back realize some of the garbage being spoken about tha Favre family has to stop. Favre has been a formidable foe for many moons and yes on Sundays he is the enemy no matter what, but in a time such as this we need to stop bantering on and on about how much everyone hates Brett.

This to me is truly disgusting, the guy is totally distraught and we are poking fun, NOT exceptable, let's take the higher road and be the bigger people. The only thing the guy has done to us is compete hard and he deserves the credit afforded to him by the media, he hasn't missed agame in 12 years, I do not care who you cheer for that is a tremendous feat! Did everyone hate Cal Ripken for all the media attention that followed him around for 20 years, NO WAY!!!

I understand the football side of the bashing, but really now, why when the guy has really been through a crap load of stuff do we deem it acceptable to rip the guys family and his character. To be honest I was embarrased to be on this site yesterday, with all the ignorant blabber.

So everyone that thinks it will be funny to start in on me, do not hold your breath, we were warned yesterday and I will not be responding, let us remember we are humans before we are football fans!!

Sorry to Webby and staff for doing this, my intention is not to fight, rather it is to try and get my point across and have people on here realize that life is bigger than football. (this coming from a guy who only has a 6 day week, cause Sunday is strictly for ball)

Cheers!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Let's be bigger then the competition

Let us pray for everyone down there in this tragic time.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Before I actually read this, I was thinking "We are, Culpepper's the biggest QB, Tice is the biggest coach, McKinnie's one of the biggest linemen".

But those are wise words spoken by CanadaViking. I for one, don't see how Favre or Javon Walker or any of those guys could be focused enough to play football right now. As a fan of the game, I hope they don't postpone any games or alter the NFL schedule in any way, but as a person I would understand it. It is very sad to have any kind of tragedy strike, let alone one of this magnitude. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that's been affected by the hurricane. For those fortunate enough to still be here, I wish them the best of luck in a quick and full recovery.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

It is sad what happened. In those other posts most of what I read was making fun of Favretard's inbred mother, not the fact that his family is in a disaster. I pray for the best for everyone down there, but I can't say I didn't laugh at his mom. Not for what happened to her, because I never have seen her before.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

When the media gives equal time to ALL of the players who might have lost family or friends in the disaster, then we will cease criticism of the overwhelming amount of focus on the Favre family. People suffer much worse losses than the ones that the Favres have suffered...so the criticism is much more focused on the media's obsession with the Favres and their misconception that ratings will be greater because Favre is a celebrity. Show some poor simple folks who lost everything if you want ratings...not someone who is set for life because he makes a ton of money playing a game! Blame the MEDIA!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Applying your personal opinion and trying to impliment your set of beliefs to an entire group of people (Viking Fans,) from all walks of life is only going to dissapoint you.

A lot of the stuff that I read yesterday wasn't offensive to me at all. No more disgusting then some high and mighty Joe Buck rant. If your going to be that tight about it, it almost gets comical.

GUYS! It is wrong to make fun of Favre's mom today, go ahead and do it tomorrow or yesterday but it is just so damn wrong to do it TODAY. If you do have sucha moral upstanding it would seem you should try to abolish the rude comments all together.

Because no one I saw was making fun of the situation, just of her. I don't buy that it is ok to make fun of people only on days that they are having a good day.

I think there is a big difference between making fun of a person in jest and making fun of the situation. The difference being if they showed Favre's mom on the Price is Right they would have said the same damn things.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"When the media gives equal time to ALL of the players who might have lost family or friends in the disaster, then we will cease criticism of the overwhelming amount of focus on the Favre family. People suffer much worse losses than the ones that the Favres have suffered...so the criticism is much more focused on the media's obsession with the Favres and their misconception that ratings will be greater because Favre is a celebrity. Show some poor simple folks who lost everything if you want ratings...not someone who is set for life because he makes a ton of money playing a game! Blame the MEDIA!!!"-cajun.. EXACTLY!!!! theres everything i would have said...

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

IMO everyone knows the difference between life and football. Everyone ease up and laugh a little, if the New Orleans stuff bothers you to no end ... donate to the Red Cross or fly down there and help out. It happened, now is what do we do about it ??

Everything I read yesterday about Farve' was tongue and cheek ... I saw 98% of people making sure they clarified their best wishes and prayers to his family and then took a little dig ... Everyone remember, not everything in e-mail or on a message board is taken the same way by everyone.

And yes, Farve' did get WAY too much media attention. I saw him on NFL Network last night, the nightly local and national news, along with ESPN and ESPN News .... I personally feel if he is SO distraught about it all, why hasn't he already set up a fund for donations through the NFL ... do something good with all his media attention?? He wont, never will cause he only takes care of himself ....

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and not meant to anger or offend anyone. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to PM me.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Hey Cajun do you still have family down there? sorry if this has already been asked but I am just now talkin to my people from N.O. I have friends who are like family down in Port Sulpher (that is the biggest town close to them) who said that it is no longer there, I think that my fam in Bogalusa(sp?) are alright, and a couple of my cousins in Slidell are in the hospital right now
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vegasvike" wrote:
    Hey Cajun do you still have family down there? sorry if this has already been asked but I am just now talkin to my people from N.O. I have friends who are like family down in Port Sulpher (that is the biggest town close to them) who said that it is no longer there, I think that my fam in Bogalusa(sp?) are alright, and a couple of my cousins in Slidell are in the hospital right now
    Port Sulphur, huh? Sad to hear about that...they always have had great prep football teams in the past (which is how I know that town). Also, I have actually been to Bogalusa (we played them in the semis my senior year...and we whooped dat azz on the way to the finals, where we whooped Franklinton's azz as well in the Superdome to win the AAA state championship). But I digress...

Seriously, my folks all live three hours west...and they hardly even got any wind or rain...no damage to speak of. When Andrew came through, it was much worse in Cajun country than this time...kind of luck of the draw, or unluck, as it were. Sorry to hear about your friends and relatives...I only hope that they can rebuild their lives and get back to some sense of normalcy. What is the situation in Slidell? I am assuming that there wasn't any flooding since it is north of Lake Ponchartrain...but I am sure that they sustained some damage from the winds and so forth. My prayers to your relatives in the hospital...may God grant them a speedy recovery!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast