Man, that's F***ed up!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2604874
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

Re: Let me put a Bug in Your Ear...

Earwigs!
    There was an old Star Trek show about these
    8).

[img width=150 height=170]http://www.bugsmart.ca/common/images/bugs/large/7.jpg[/img]

Del Rio Guest

Earwigs were bad at my house this summer. Little bastards were everywhere.

Prophet Guest

Too bad, did you write this tale?

Insects, including occasional earwigs, do indeed blunder into human ears. A notable historical example is the beetle that accidentally got into the ear of explorer John Hanning Speke, during his search for the source of the Nile River. The beetle caused Speke such distress that he tried to dig it out with his penknife, only succeeding in killing the beetle and driving it into his eardrum. The resulting infection made him quite ill, and cost him his hearing in that ear. An insect that somehow made it past the eardrum would most likely go down the eustachian tube and be swallowed or coughed up. In other words, they couldn't chew through to the other ear, laying eggs as they go, without causing their host unimaginable agony. Finally, earwigs are basically herbivorous, living on dead and living plant matter, although they occasionally eat other live insects. Human brains are definitely not on their menu! [size=6pt]Link[/size]

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Better than Del and his "bug in your peehole."
    ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"I tore a ligament in my knee last year in the last game of the season," he said. "The beetle was worse."

Ow ow ow ow ow. That would suck.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

yeah, that noise would get on my effin nerves too.
    i remember being stationed out in n.c./s.c. during the summer...we'd have to stand there at attn. with little gnats and sand fleas crawling all over your face and into your nose and ears.
    ah...such great times!
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Wow that's pretty unlucky BTW
    we seem to be getting a lot of spiders in the house at the moment and to be honest I'm scared s***less of the big ones. The wife has a phobia about them too so it's panic stations every time one of them appears, the only way I can get them is to get the long nozzle from the vacuum cleaner and suck them up from a distance.

I read in the paper that the reason they are in abundance is because it is mating season, but get this after mating the female kills and eats the male.... Hey Cajun bet you're glad you are not a spider mate
    ;D

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"scottishvike" wrote:
    Wow that's pretty unlucky BTW
    we seem to be getting a lot of spiders in the house at the moment and to be honest I'm scared s***less of the big ones. The wife has a phobia about them too so it's panic stations every time one of them appears, the only way I can get them is to get the long nozzle from the vacuum cleaner and suck them up from a distance.

I read in the paper that the reason they are in abundance is because it is mating season, but get this after mating the female kills and eats the male.... Hey Cajun bet you're glad you are not a spider mate
    ;D
    YES, I AM!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE