Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    618

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Anyone watch the fight.
    I was pretty impressed with how badly he was beating on Mir, until he let his guard down and got caught in a leg submission move.
    Was over too fast as a result...
    True, it over too quick but I guess that's where a lot of MMA fights are won/lost.
    It looked like he was going to dominate then as soon as Mir grabbed his foot you could almost see the "Oh shit" look on Lesnar's face and it was over like 4 seconds later.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    I was watchinf Fight Science the other night and Cotour (spelled right?) was being gaged on endurance. If Lesner gets in with a ground guy, a juijitsu guy, a guy that can take a punch, he's done. Muscle weighs alot, I wonder about his conditioning. Fun to watch though. I'd wager he mops up the pretenders and then gets twisted by a ground guy.
    Nice call Jereamiah! ;D
    Tuco the world.....

  3. #33
    PAViking's Avatar
    PAViking is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    70

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    I was watchinf Fight Science the other night and Cotour (spelled right?) was being gaged on endurance. If Lesner gets in with a ground guy, a juijitsu guy, a guy that can take a punch, he's done. Muscle weighs alot, I wonder about his conditioning. Fun to watch though. I'd wager he mops up the pretenders and then gets twisted by a ground guy.
    Nice call Jereamiah! ;D
    It was a fun fight to watch and lesnar took the lose a lot better than I thought he would. But Mir took more than just a punch. He was getting mauled. But he stuck to his game and won it in the end. The same thing for the sylvia and minatauro fight. I think once lesnar gets more experience he will be very hard to beat. His pace is very fast and very aggresive but then again that is only his 2nd fight and he has yet to go past the first round. So who knows how long he could keep a pace like that up.
    And yes that was a nice call jereamiah.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    "PAViking" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    I was watchinf Fight Science the other night and Cotour (spelled right?) was being gaged on endurance. If Lesner gets in with a ground guy, a juijitsu guy, a guy that can take a punch, he's done. Muscle weighs alot, I wonder about his conditioning. Fun to watch though. I'd wager he mops up the pretenders and then gets twisted by a ground guy.
    Nice call Jereamiah! ;D
    It was a fun fight to watch and lesnar took the lose a lot better than I thought he would. But Mir took more than just a punch. He was getting mauled. But he stuck to his game and won it in the end. The same thing for the sylvia and minatauro fight. I think once lesnar gets more experience he will be very hard to beat. His pace is very fast and very aggresive but then again that is only his 2nd fight and he has yet to go past the first round. So who knows how long he could keep a pace like that up.
    And yes that was a nice call jereamiah.
    Guy is a mauler. Kinda reminds me of Keemo. Wonder how he'd do against Rampage Jackson? Gabriel Gonzaga?
    I don't see him committing to submission defense. He's just too impatient. Fun to watch though.
    Tuco the world.....

  5. #35
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    He made a mistake and it cost him. But Man Mir was getting his ass kicked

    Here is a link in case anyone missed it

    http://fisherwy.blogspot.com/2008/02/ufc-81-video-brock-lesnar-vs-frank-mir.html

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    224

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    Im happy for Brock he will good in the UFC

  7. #37
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    a nice signing that was for the vikings

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  8. #38
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    "Garland" wrote:
    He made a mistake and it cost him. But Man Mir was getting his ass kicked

    Here is a link in case anyone missed it

    http://fisherwy.blogspot.com/2008/02/ufc-81-video-brock-lesnar-vs-frank-mir.html
    Sweet match, thanks for the link.
    Brock got robbed, that blow to the back of the head was totally accidental, his apponent kept turning his head back and forth. After that I though Brock was in great position to get a quick win but man could his apponent take a punch, that would have hurt like hell, any word if the guy suffered any injuries.

  9. #39
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    a nice signing that was for the vikings
    Well, he's not a football player.
    It was just an experiment, it didn't end up costing us anything...


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  10. #40
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Lesnar signs with the UFC

    It's dumb how the UFC puts these new maulers in there w/ submission fighters like that.
    It reminded me of the old fight between Mir and Tank Abbott...all the excitement with an anticlimactic ending.
    They should have let him earn his chops against somebody that matches up better stylistically.
    I want to see Lesnar vs. Herring or Sylvia who are strikers.
    Now that would be fun to watch.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Brock Lesnar
    By V4L in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 02:06 PM
  2. Lesnar
    By Del Rio in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 07:38 AM
  3. Brock Lesnar
    By tlk23 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 05:36 PM
  4. lesnar..
    By rkuriger04 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 10:01 PM
  5. Brock Lesnar in the NFL?!
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 08:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •