Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leprosy

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Leprosy

[size=12pt]Leprosy[/size]

Leprosy or Hansen's disease is a chronic infectious disease caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium leprae.[1] Leprosy is primarily a granulomatous disease of the peripheral nerves, mucosa of the upper respiratory tract, and skin lesions.[2] If left untreated, there can be progressive and permanent damage to the skin, nerves, limbs and eyes. Contrary to the common popular conception of the illness, it does not cause body parts to simply fall off, and it differs from tzaraath, the malady described in the Hebrew scriptures and previously translated into English as "leprosy".[3]...

This morning I thought I had contracted leprosy.
    It seemed like chunks of flesh were falling off as I ascended the stairs.
    It appears that it is a common misconception that body parts fall off.
    I either was hallucinating, have a different disease, or have a rare case of leprosy that may cause body parts to fall off.
    No matter what the cause was I'm just going to move forward and ignore the symptoms.
    I'm fairly confident that I do not have leprosy now.

Any ideas on what may have caused chunks of flesh to fall off?
    I'm not really worried about it, but figured I would tap into the genius on this site in an attempt to remedy the situation.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Leprosy

As I alluded in the yell, I believe it (the perception you were falling apart) stems from the hallucigenics you are taking
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I suppose I will have to stop taking hallucinogens if I want to determine if I am really losing body parts.
    I'm not convinced right now, chunks of flesh could easily turn into body parts.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

Leprosy or Hansen's disease is a chronic infectious disease caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium leprae.[1] Leprosy is primarily a granulomatous disease of the peripheral nerves, mucosa of the upper respiratory tract, and skin lesions.[2] If left untreated, there can be progressive and permanent damage to the skin, nerves, limbs and eyes. Contrary to the common popular conception of the illness, it does not cause body parts to simply fall off, and it differs from tzaraath, the malady described in the Hebrew scriptures and previously translated into English as "leprosy".[3]...

I either was hallucinating, have a different disease, or have a rare case of leprosy that may cause body parts to fall off.
    No matter what the cause was I'm just going to move forward and ignore the symptoms.

I'm not really worried about it, but figured I would tap into the genius on this site in an attempt to remedy the situation.
    If you stop taking the cover off of your car battery you should be ok.

The battery idea is a good one, but I quit doing that a decade ago.

It appears that there aren't any good leper colonies around anymore.
    I'm not prejudice against lepers, there should be a nice place for them to stay.
    It appears that the last leper colony in Europe is hanging on by a thread.
    There should be a decent leper colony on every continent.
    I wonder if you have to have leprosy in order to have credibility and bring people into the colony.
    Maybe with proper marketing there can be a nice leper colony for folks that are willing to give up their health in order to help the lepers.
    The possibilities are endless.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    The battery idea is a good one, but I quit doing that a decade ago.

It appears that there aren't any good leper colonies around anymore.
    I'm not prejudice against lepers, there should be a nice place for them to stay.
    It appears that the last leper colony in Europe is hanging on by a thread.
    There should be a decent leper colony on every continent.
    I wonder if you have to have leprosy in order to have credibility and bring people into the colony.
    Maybe with proper marketing there can be a nice leper colony for folks that are willing to give up their health in order to help the lepers.
    The possibilities are endless.
    I'll give you $34,000.52, so you can do research on how to start the official pp.o leper colony.

"Prophet" wrote:
    I suppose I will have to stop taking hallucinogens if I want to determine if I am really losing body parts.
    I'm not convinced right now, chunks of flesh could easily turn into body parts.
    Calm down. Maybe you just have that flesh eating strep? nothing to worry about ;D

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

I'll just have to accept my disorder and look beyond it.
    There is a need for a leper colony in NA and they lepers need a voice.
    The traditional island leper colony is a thing of the past.
    I propose buying the HHH Metrodome and making it into a state of the art leper colony.
    This will also accelerate the building of the new Vikings stadium.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

I say it's all part of gods divine plan to test us all in various paths of our lives.

The only reasonable thing to do in this specific case is to make sure that you eat all the stumps that fall of your body. In that way you show humiliation towards God, and prove yourself worthy of divinity.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eePBT97r94o

Leper Messiah!

Back when they were actually good, anyways it fit with the theme of the post. Back to the cave i go, keep up the great work and the Vikings info rolling!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast