12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Lebron Uses The "R-Word"

ESPN Lebron Says Retarded

[rant]

My god, this is ridiculous. People need to stop being so sensitive, it's pathetic. We are becoming a country of pussies. Show me a person who hasn't ever said retarded, and I guarantee you that you won't find anyone. I say it, I've heard both of my parents say it, and my friends say it. Guess what?? None of us are insensitive to mental disabilities! I have worked and hung out with people that have brain injuries or mental handicaps, and of course I wouldn't say it around them (even though I've heard one of them use it) but when I'm hanging out with friends, I don't have a complete filter on everything. Lebron was just talking to Wade in reference to an actually retarded question. Just because the camera heard it everyone assumes Lebron hates mentally handicapped people, is a big dumb brute with no brain or feelings, and it just an all around asshole. It's ridiculously retarded.

People don't understand modern language. There are different meanings for words. Retarded can be in reference to someone with a handicap, but that is actually the more offensive use of the word. Retarded is also used to describe a ludicrous situation, act, saying, etc... It's just how it is used and people should get used to it.

Same thing with the word gay. It used to mean happy, then it meant homosexual, now it is more commonly used as an adjective for something that someone doesn't like. What right do homosexuals have to get offended at a word that didn't even describe them in the first place (I don't mean they aren't happy).

I think Lebron's and Kobe's ("fucking faggot") comments were dumb just in the fact that camera's were around and they should know the media will flip out. I have nothing against gay people, am the complete opposite of insensitive to mentally challenged people, and was not offended at all by these comments. They were dumb, but dumb for the wrong reasons. I just wish this country would sack up and people wouldn't have to worry about being politically incorrect all the time. It's ridiculous and it pisses me off.

[/rant]
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Lebron Uses The "R-Word"

I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Two things.

a) LEbron needs to smarten up. When you're a sports star in the eye of the public, you can't do things like that, or you'll get torn up

b) People need to chill the fuck out. No wonder US/Canada can't get out of their deficits, their vagina hurts too much to do anything.

I remember Larry Johnson had a similar issue a few years ago when he called someone a fag. It's just an insult, kids say it all the time, without thinking of it's real meaning. Who gives a shit, really. If maybe you have a handicapped kid, then I could see you being a bit offended, maybe, but I'm willing to bet most people aren't in that situation.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Everybody is too sensitive, kids can't play dodge ball in school, they don't keep score in little league anymore, everybody gets a trophy...........political corretness has made everybody RETARDS!!!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "BadlandsVikings" #1096914
    Everybody is too sensitive, kids can't play dodge ball in school, they don't keep score in little league anymore, everybody gets a trophy...........political corretness has made everybody RETARDS!!!
    I like to go to elementary schools at recess and just rocket playground balls at the kids.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

This is just part of americas slow and painful demise. Going to be sweet when China owns the USA
    We're bringing purple back.