Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

LeBron ticketed for driving 101 mph on highway

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7673776?MSNHPHMAMEDINA, Ohio (AP) - LeBron James was ticketed by the State Highway Patrol for driving 101 mph on an interstate highway.

The Cleveland Cavaliers star was cited in a 65 mph zone on Interstate 71 near Medina at 2:43 a.m. on Dec. 30 - his 23rd birthday.

Cleveland attorney Colin Jennings filed a not guilty plea for James on Tuesday in Medina Municipal Court. A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 11, the same day the Cavaliers are scheduled to play in Orlando against the Magic.

Other details about the traffic stop were not available.

An e-mail was sent to James' publicist seeking comment Sunday night. James' agent, Keith Estabrook, couldn't be reached.

Medina is about 30 miles south of Cleveland.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: LeBron ticketed for driving 101 mph on highway

Not that big of a deal, granted it was pretty high, but I, and other people I know have driven at that speed. It is stupid, but nothing to create to much of a fuss over. If he had drank on the other hand, it would be a different story.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

101, why so slow?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Adrian Peterson approaches that speed during a brisk jog.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

It's almost hard to believe he wasn't drinking given the time of the incident.
    There have been few instances in my life where I was on the highway at that time of the morning sober...even if it was in the passengers seat.

Perhaps the copper who pulled him over was a big fan and let him off the hook because he only slightly reaked of alcohol?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"vikes2456" wrote:
    Not that big of a deal, granted it was pretty high, but I, and other people I know have driven at that speed. It is stupid, but nothing to create to much of a fuss over. If he had drank on the other hand, it would be a different story.
    *derailing thread
    Yet most on this site think Smith needs to go for pot. Alot more people die from driving over the speed limit than smoking a little grass.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    *derailing thread
    Yet most on this site think Smith needs to go for pot. Alot more people die from driving over the speed limit than smoking a little grass.
    Amen, jmc... Amen....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7673772?MSNHPHMA'It happens': LeBron brushes off 101 MPH ticket

CLEVELAND (AP) - LeBron James acknowledged driving 101 mph on the highway on his 23rd birthday, and gave no assurance he wouldn't go that fast again.

The Cleveland Cavaliers superstar was ticketed by the State Highway Patrol on Interstate 71 in suburban Medina at nearly 3 a.m. on Dec. 30. He was driving in a 65 mph zone, and the patrol said it's the first time James was ticketed.

"I was doing 101," James said Monday after practice. "That's it. I was speeding. I've just got to abide by the law. I got caught. It happens."

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    *derailing thread
    Totally agree....damn man where were you when i needed back up on the Smith topic on the message board?

*SKOL!*

"IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    *derailing thread
    Totally agree....damn man where were you when i needed back up on the Smith topic on the message board?
    Getting high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast