Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

Here it is in a nutshell.
    There will always be a group who say they have a right to do whatever they like, yet they are the same group who will tell you what you can't or should not be allowed to do.

"I want to burn firewood, use my charcoal grill with the use of
    burned lighter fluid, burn leaves" ,"watch and support NASCAR" and on and on.
    Yet, you better not smoke you horrible person you are giving me "a cancer"

Unreal!

And just watch their self rightous replies to me calling them out on it.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

And that's the whole problem. People aren't interested or in favor of enforcing laws that are most beneficial to their health if it affects them & they are in the majority.
    Like what?

If you are referring to alcohol related offenses, I do believe there are laws about that.
    How is the world are you going to limit the amount one drinks?
    Nobody is limiting how much you can smoke, just where.
    And the mojority of the people that get trashed do not affect others.
    But the majority of the smokers in public offend others directly.

Face it, smokers are going to lose...always.
    You smoke, we always be prepared for an uphill battle.
    Do you have a stat to back that up? Alcohol related traffic deaths outweigh deaths of non-smokers by second hand smoke 5:1. Granted, some of those alcohol traffic deaths don't affect others, but the ratio is still higher.

There are also states that have dry counties, like in Kentucky.

And yes, the amount I smoke per day is being limited by the bans I face every day.

Sing, this is not football.
    This is common sense buddy.
    You are twisting things around.
    I never said death.
    I said "affect".

I know you are arse deep in this thread and applaud you on your courage to battle this; I would've given somebody the big "F-U" by now.

See, you are the minority in this thread (like smokers) and the others are the majority (non-smokers).
    Just can't win can ya?

BTW, I stopped smoking 5 years ago.
    But.......I do chew....eek!
    I am sure me spitting a big wad of juice offends people, but it does not affect their health!
    I win!
    (Its how I quit smoking by chewing.
    Now I have to quit that too)
    And an earlier death is how they may be affected in both cases.

Nope, you can't win when you are on the side of minority on some issues. But that doesn't mean I'll go wimper in a corner somewhere. I believe for standing up for what I believe in, even if I'm the minority.

Not so long ago, non-smokers were a minority.

If you read some of my earlier posts, you will see I am in favor of most of the smoking bans, just not all of them. Specifically when it comes to bars & the workplace.

I'm fine when they ban smoking in the workplace, but at least allow them to smoke outside & away from the entrances. More importantly, don't start firing people because they smoke at home & nowhere's near the workplace.

That's taking it to far & that's exactly what has happened & will continue to happen.

The minute they state I can not smoke at home, now my right to smoke has been violated.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

This thread reminds me of that smiley beating the horse...

:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VikingNed" wrote:

:
    Take your pick:

[img width=74 height=37]http://www.pswired.com/misc/smilies/horse.gif[/img]

[img width=60 height=66]http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/dedhorse.gif[/img]

Singer > [img width=52 height=39]http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/truce.gif[/img]

Ned delivering the "pimp slap" > [img width=50 height=34]http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/pimpslap.gif[/img]

[img width=392 height=46]http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/needspics.gif[/img]

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

:
    Take your pick:

[img width=74 height=37]http://www.pswired.com/misc/smilies/horse.gif[/img]

[img width=60 height=66]http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/dedhorse.gif[/img]

Singer > [img width=52 height=39]http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/truce.gif[/img]

Ned delivering the "pimp slap" > [img width=50 height=34]http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/pimpslap.gif[/img]

[img width=392 height=46]http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/needspics.gif[/img]

Thanks, and I really meen thanks Ultra....You just made me laugh so hard...LMAO......

I really needed that, made my day... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Working with and seeing the kind of patients I do every day, you will wish you had stopped smoking years from now.
    Not only does it cause cancer and emphysema, it causes narrowings in the arteries which can cause heart attacks, high blood pressure, kidney disease, and peripheral artery disease which occludes the flow of blood to your hands and feet. Which inturn leads to amputation. So if you want to be the guy with no legs,dragging an oxygen bottle behind his scooter......light em up.

As far as the ban..it hasn't happened soon enough....

Del Rio Guest

Well I expected 20+ pages. I expected the bullshit and the diversion from the facts. I didn't quite expect to see someone claim communism but hey sometimes you overestimate someone's intelligence.

The alcohol / Smoking argument is interesting.

It's not really an argument anyone can win being based mostly in fallacy.

I will say this there are penalties for driving drunk, for being drunk in public, and many places there are penalties for drinking in public, open container laws. In Utah we have penalties for smoking in public places, parks, bus stops, a whole list of places outside if you are caught smoking you get fined and continued breaking of the law you get jail time...........just......like......alcohol.

Why ban smoking? Just fine the shit out of them like they do for alcohol. I'm all for it.

So while people like to talk about DUI numbers, and other things that are ALREADY ILLEGAL.......it is really apples and oranges because no one has been keeping track of how many people have died or had their lives negatively effected by someone walking down the street creating a cloud of smoke.

Restrict areas that are points of concern and enforce the laws. Make it so if you want to enjoy the park you don't have to tolerate smoking. If you have to take public transportation you don't have to get the ashtray service while waiting for your ride. It passed by large majority here on the ballots and the tickets are flying and the income is building me new roads to drive on and new trees at my local parks.

Either that or IMO create places to smoke. It is a sad situation in my experience. Most smokers I know, (both parents, aunts, uncles, friends, co-workers.) most of them want to quit or have quit. I haven't met someone standing in the snow freezing their balls off saying OH MY GOD THIS CIG IS GREAT!!!!! (Granted some people love it, some people love it to the point of pulling shit out of their asses to defend it) It is an addiction, it was laced with malice and addicted our friends and families and maybe it is because I watched my parents fight with it for so long but I have some sympathy for smokers.

You can compromise. If you ban it in one area, make arrangements near. A nice area to smoke. I'm not talking these ghetto smoke shacks that consist of 3 walls and resembe a bus stop. Create a place they can go to do what they need to do without infringing on others.

As far as private bars. I think they should be allowed to smoke if they want. It is private usually meaning you have to buy a membership. Tax them for the option, require a membership and if you don't smoke do not go there.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del" wrote:

You can compromise. If you ban it in one area, make arrangements near. A nice area to smoke. I'm not talking these ghetto smoke shacks that consist of 3 walls and resembe a bus stop. Create a place they can go to do what they need to do without infringing on others.
    LOL, that's exactly what my workplace put up 2 years ago for us to smoke in, but as of January 1st, there is no smoking anywhere on the property whatsoever.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920