Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 198
  1. #1
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    [size=10pt]Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill[/size]

    http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_025072442.html

    It's really clear it's time for a smoke-free Minnesota," said Mike Maguire of the American Cancer Society.
    I couldn't agree more.

  2. #2
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    Yes, mainly because it's a habit that is forced down the throats of others due to the second-hand smoke.
    If you want to smoke, go for it, just do it in your own space.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    This has potential to be a debate and I can think of one member off the top of my head that will go to battle over this.

    All I know is last month Utah passed a bill that made it illegal for people to smoke in state parks, this included zoo's, and sidewalks in front of parks, bus stops, some other places.

    Pissed a lot of people off, I for one am all for it. Also all the fines they pay for breaking the law should be paving some nice new roads for me soon.

  4. #4
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    I'm a smoker (pack a day) and I try my best not to smoke around others cuz it's a nasty nasty habit that i'm trying soooooo hard to drop..

    Smoke outside if you must.. No one else wants to smell/breathe that in







    One Love

  5. #5
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    [size=10pt]Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill[/size]

    http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_025072442.html

    It's really clear it's time for a smoke-free Minnesota," said Mike Maguire of the American Cancer Society.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Funny aside...my uncle used to run the karaoke show at the Blue Fox back in the mid-90s.
    Small world.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #6
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    [size=10pt]Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill[/size]

    http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_025072442.html

    It's really clear it's time for a smoke-free Minnesota," said Mike Maguire of the American Cancer Society.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Funny aside...my uncle used to run the karaoke show at the Blue Fox back in the mid-90s.
    Small world.
    How can you claim that's not funny?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    "Del" wrote:
    This has potential to be a debate and I can think of one member off the top of my head that will go to battle over this.

    All I know is last month Utah passed a bill that made it illegal for people to smoke in state parks, this included zoo's, and sidewalks in front of parks, bus stops, some other places.

    Pissed a lot of people off, I for one am all for it. Also all the fines they pay for breaking the law should be paving some nice new roads for me soon.
    Did the fact that it pissed off a lot of people make you even more in favor of it?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    This has potential to be a debate and I can think of one member off the top of my head that will go to battle over this.

    All I know is last month Utah passed a bill that made it illegal for people to smoke in state parks, this included zoo's, and sidewalks in front of parks, bus stops, some other places.

    Pissed a lot of people off, I for one am all for it. Also all the fines they pay for breaking the law should be paving some nice new roads for me soon.
    Did the fact that it pissed off a lot of people make you even more in favor of it?
    Yeah I messed that one up pretty good. Let me try again.

    The bill pissed a lot of people off. I am all for the bill because when I take my kid to the zoo I don't have to sit in a cloud of smoke.

    I also feel if I was a smoker then ban would have pissed me off.

  9. #9
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    That's good news for those that get sick around the smell of human ash trays.

  10. #10
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Lawmakers Introduce Statewide Smoking Ban Bill

    We just past a smoking bill in Denmark last year. No more smoking indoors from April 1.

    I almost can't wait for it. It's the obvious way to go.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 02:20 PM
  2. Allow Me To Introduce Myself
    By DonaldsDesignatedDriver in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 05:18 PM
  3. Fla. lawmakers OK take-your-guns-to-work law
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 08:09 PM
  4. Vikings might go statewide for money
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 09:15 PM
  5. Re: Allow me to introduce myself!
    By oakmage in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 10:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •