Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Laser Eye Surgery

I have had this done a year ago and if anyone ever has any questions or concerns let me know.

On that note I have to go in on Thursday morning to get my left eye enhanced.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Laser Eye Surgery

"marstc09" wrote:
    I have had this done a year ago and if anyone ever has any questions or concerns let me know.

why?

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

why?
    My eyes were bad and I had a lot of astigmitism in that eye. This is normal with that much astigmitism.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

how much did your procedures cost and which type of surgery did you have?
    I know theres some where its not all done by laser, which is much cheaper but also a little less effective and a little more dangerous.

and how long was it before you got most of vision? I know its normally a couple weeks/months before you can see well, and they tell you not to drive or anything for a little while..

My cousin got it done recently and its something i've wanted, but I can't afford it right now (or probably anytime recently)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    I know theres some where its not all done by laser, which is much cheaper but also a little less effective and a little more dangerous.

and how long was it before you got most of vision? I know its normally a couple weeks/months before you can see well, and they tell you not to drive or anything for a little while..

My cousin got it done recently and its something i've wanted, but I can't afford it right now (or probably anytime recently)
    I had Lasik and it cost about $3000.I could see right after the surgery but they advise you to go home a take a nap, which I did. I was fine the next day. It was not painful at all. They said your eyes would sting for a day or two but mine did not.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

I had Lasik and it cost about $3000.I could see right after the surgery but they advise you to go home a take a nap, which I did. I was fine the next day. It was not painful at all. They said your eyes would sting for a day or two but mine did not.
    hm... i'll have to ask my cousin what he had done, he said he had blurry vision for a couple weeks, like they said he would.
    Then again he drove over an hour drive home right after the surgery.. not a good call on his part :P but said he could see well enough.. haha

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

hm... i'll have to ask my cousin what he had done, he said he had blurry vision for a couple weeks, like they said he would.
    Then again he drove over an hour drive home right after the surgery.. not a good call on his part :P but said he could see well enough.. haha
    Driving probably was not a good idea. I saw 20/20 in my right eye right away. My left eye has always been blurry. I can still see pretty good with it but I can't wait for the enhancement. Two different visions in each eye is annoying.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

Driving probably was not a good idea. I saw 20/20 in my right eye right away. My left eye has always been blurry. I can still see pretty good with it but I can't wait for the enhancement. Two different visions in each eye is annoying.
    yea i hear about that plenty.. one of my roommates has good vision in his left eye and and see shit out of his right.

I've been blessed with horrible vision out of both instead of just one
    :

- Dan Calabrese

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

I had lasik done to both eyes in 2004.
    No real problems, though you have to understand the Lasik procedure does not fix the "reading glasses" need many old timers like myself need.
    That is a whole different problem, but apparently the FDA gave the industry permission to start working on it.
    I'm glad I had it done.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

How long did the procedure take from showing up till out the door?

Does it improve visions or make it perfect 20/20

Will I be closer to being the bionic man?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast