Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SJHILL is offline Starter

Re: Landis Sample Tainted

Here's what I don't get. He took four tests before the positive, and then 3 after. Something along the lines. How come he only fails one? So let's say he took it once by accident or doing it willfully. Will that really give him an advantage? Not really. He's still the Tour De France champ to me, and he should fight this to the end.

I hate all this steroids crap. They ruin everything. Bond's hr records, McGwires hall chances, Gatlins world record, Landis' comeback and tour victory...
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Prophet Guest

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    I hate all this steroids crap. They ruin everything. Bond's hr records, McGwires hall chances, Gatlins world record, Landis' comeback and tour victory...
    I like steroids in the case of McGwire , can't stand that guy. Is a sad situation though.

Gene doping will be the craze after they get this whole steroid issue under control.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"SJHILL" wrote:
    Here's what I don't get. He took four tests before the positive, and then 3 after. Something along the lines. How come he only fails one? So let's say he took it once by accident or doing it willfully. Will that really give him an advantage? Not really. He's still the Tour De France champ to me, and he should fight this to the end.
    Are you fu**ing kidding me?!

He took the steroids before Stage 17, the stage in which he rode to an epic win after he was 8 minutes behind the leader!! Jesus Christ man, if the proof of doping isn't in front of you, then you're blind.

Who cares how many tests he took? He failed one. One is all you need to fail to be done for doping. That's like saying Ben Johnson had a million tests that had negative results before and after winning the gold medal in 1984, but because he only had one positive result we should let it slide?!

I can't believe that attitude.. No wonder half the NBA and the majority of the MLB is on drugs.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    "SJHILL" wrote:
    Are you fu**ing kidding me?!

He took the steroids before Stage 17, the stage in which he rode to an epic win after he was 8 minutes behind the leader!! Holy Bones! man, if the proof of doping isn't in front of you, then you're blind.

Who cares how many tests he took? He failed one. One is all you need to fail to be done for doping. That's like saying Ben Johnson had a million tests that had negative results before and after winning the gold medal in 1984, but because he only had one positive result we should let it slide?!

I can't believe that attitude.. No wonder half the NBA and the majority of the MLB is on drugs.
    He didn't take steroids AT ALL, people. It's testosterone which is in question here, NOT 'Roids.

And, to be honest, Landis' point is valid. Why didn't any other drug test, including the 3 blood tests, find anything? According to what I've read, testosterone is NOT a fast-acting substance which would give you the immediate boost which Landis' 17th stage performance would suggest.

It is not outside the realm of possibility that something was added to his sample after it was taken.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet Guest

He is going to be on Jay Leno tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Allegations destroying the reputation Floyd Landis had built up for a day or two there
    Link

Blood doping allegations leveled against Tour de France winner Floyd Landis threaten to completely destroy the reputation he had built in the two days Americans had heard of him before his positive test results were disclosed.

“It’s really disappointing to me that Landis would do this,” said Gary Jackson, a teacher from Branson, Missouri. “I remember hearing something about him winning the Tour de France on ‘Good Morning America’ the day after he won and he seemed like such a good guy. And now this. It really makes me wonder if we ever knew the real Floyd Landis.”

Samantha Becker, a Chicago-area pharmacist, says the Landis scandal will stifle the growth of the sport of cycling in the United States. “Before all this happened I couldn’t imagine myself ever watching a bike race,” she said. “And now I can’t imagine myself ever watching a bike race. So, well … I guess that’s not really much of a change. But I guess I can’t imagine watching one even more now.”

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234